How long would it take for a Tallahasse to destroy a Ranger?

okay, so the "Cruiser" 's main antiship armament (AMGs) are not modelled. Nuts.

What? They're the yellow guns.

and I took the class names from the Ships Database on the main site. Mind changing that to eliminate any further confusion?

Not my project -- I'm happy, however, to correct people personally when the issue comes up (and, more than that, to continue updating a readily accessible cited ships list).

I don't think an actual designation exists. That's why we use that.
Anyways... with three cruisers, all jumping in and already being at battlestations(I would think they would be, with a Vesuvius on their tail)... it'd depend on the formation, and proximity of the jump point. If they appear within 1-2 minutes travel time, and can all focus fire on the Victory... They'd probably take it down fairly quickly, as the fighter wings wouldn't have time to return. You may want to consider cutting it down to two, in that case. If you're planning at least 5 minutes travel time distance(which wouldn't be advisable, impending battle shots are only interesting for so long), I would say the carrier MAY have a fighting chance. Especially if it tries to drive itself between the oncoming attackers, to spread out the damage.

Bandit LOAF said:
What? They're the yellow guns.

Not my project -- I'm happy, however, to correct people personally when the issue comes up (and, more than that, to continue updating a readily accessible cited ships list).
uhm... okay. which turrets are AMGs?

And didn't the Vesuvius have lots of yellow guns as well?

EDIT: Maniac, my project isn't that large a scale. Not yet at least. The whole thing is only about a minute long. So I think I'll just go with the Vesuvius being the cavalry, and the Victory-type escaping but taking heavy damage.

In WC3 AMGs are shown as the yellow bolts coming from larger turrets than the red laser rounds.

Nuts, both my Cruiser models have only 10 turrets each, and there are 5 large, 5 small turrets.

Okay, so everything's rapidly becoming very different from the actual thing... but thanks for all the help guys.

while the site is nice, what I really want are models. Not to mention, it isn't that accurate.

I recall it stating that the Tiamat had the Fleet Killer plasma weapon.

The Tiamat does have a "fleet killer" gun, it just wasn't modeled in the game due to time constraints (IIRC on the reason). The green things at the ends of the arms were to be the projectors (or whatever you'd call what generates the shot).

Also, if listing that is inaccurate, then it's an inaccuracy the CIC ship database shares. :D

Death said:
The Tiamat does have a "fleet killer" gun, it just wasn't modeled in the game due to time constraints (IIRC on the reason). The green things at the ends of the arms were to be the projectors (or whatever you'd call what generates the shot).

Also, if listing that is inaccurate, then it's an inaccuracy the CIC ship database shares. :D

Do the other Nephilium capital ships have a smaller ship-killing version of the gun on their ships? Or are they fleet killers as well, or just simply there for the zing of it?

Cheers.

What an odd question... it can be applied to every class of ships ever. Why build an Aegis cruiser? A supercarrier is better!

The Tiamat and the Kraken have the same type of plasma cannon.

It seems that the Kraken is a dedicated ship-killer, it's a ship build to have this big weapon. The Tiamat has the big plasma weapon, plus other things.

... no. They're different ships with different roles. Every airplane in the USAF isn't magically "expendable" when it isn't a B-2.

Not really, the Midway has one of their Plasmas, you DID see it in action, didnt you?

You mean you didnt know about the Tiamat's Plasma Gun?Then Why label it a dreadnaught?

Back