How do make my wesite?:confused:

Rider

Spaceman
Well I have made websi.. in my compt. but how do I publish it.Help me pls.
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to register a thing at either Geocities, Tripod, or someplace like that. Head over there (geocities.com, tripod.com), set up an account (same a a freebie email account) and then email me. I'll help you from there.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Better yet, check your ISP's web-site or call'em up and ask if they provide server space with your subscription. That way you don't have to put up with all the crap banners. Yes, I know there are ways around this but why bother?

Then you want to get an ftp program. Go to tucows or download.com. There are plenty. I believe there's a command line ftp prog in DOS ...

Now assuming you've gotten some server space, then you'll know the servers ftp address.

Connect to the ftp server via whatever program you got and upload whatever files you have.

Tada!
biggrin.gif

Note: You probably want to name one of your files index.hml or index.htm. Take your pick. Most servers default to whatever html file is named index.

Back