How do I get the repair droid to REPAIR things?

ONeillSG1

Spaceman
Does it actually repair things or is it like the multi-thrust enhancer that does nothing but costs alot?

Just wondering.

Galaxy-class starship btw.

Repair Droid

The droid repairs automatically..it just takes time. Pop up the "r" screen and you can watch damaged components change slowly to green. Of course, the more advanced the repair system the quicker this happens. Note: Repair systems DON'T repair armor or hulls and cannot ressurect a component which has been destroyed. (I'm not a member of the Vega team, just a Privateer veteran ;-)

Duncman said:
The droid repairs automatically..it just takes time. Pop up the "r" screen and you can watch damaged components change slowly to green. Of course, the more advanced the repair system the quicker this happens. Note: Repair systems DON'T repair armor or hulls and cannot ressurect a component which has been destroyed. (I'm not a member of the Vega team, just a Privateer veteran ;-)

Thanks for answering.

Follow up:

Isn't there only two versions of the repair droid (regular and advanced)? Is there a better droid available after you advance the campaign a bit?

If so, are there other products that become available with the advancement of the campaign plot? (if that is the case, I better haul a$$ to New Detroit).

Spend more money

I suggest the top of the line on repair bots, faster repairs for more cash..

Then you get get to kill more and make more money. :)

Looks like those droids work in a binary fasion: a subsystem stays at the same level of damage for a while, and then it suddenly heals to 100%.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Veterans?

Making Repair Work

The variable which controls how fast the repair bot works is "RepairDroidTime".

In vegastrike.config you will find <var name="RepairDroidTime" value="240"/>

I think 240 might be too slow though.

RepairDroidTime is relative to simulation_atom. simulation_atom ranges from 0.06 ( > 1000 Mhz ) to 0.15 ( 100 Mhz).

The calculation that occurs is

workunit = simulation_atom / RepairDroidTime

workunit is the probability that a repair will be done in a simulation cycle

So if you want really want repairs to happen quickly change the line to

<var name="RepairDroidTime" value="0.06"/>

This value can be used for debugging purposes to ensure you that the repair system is working, but it probably is too fast. You might want to make it some multiple of that, perhaps 0.6 or 1.

Someone else had suggested that the variable name was repair_droid_time, but this appears to be incorrect. Someone else also suggested changing the value to 30 but I suggest that this is still too large.

Remember that the repair system does not repair armor or hull damage.

I have encountered some issues where devices that are only slightly damanged will not get completely repaired.

To discover this information, I looked in the source in vegastrike/src/cmd/unit_generic.cpp

Best,
Hawkeey

Back