How can the Kilrathi be clueless about the temblor bomb IF you don't pursue Hobbes?

Hi, this is my first post on this forum.. well, now to the point:

This is the biggest plothole of it all I guess: If you follow Eisen's advice in WC3, and don't pursue Hobbes, after it's reveleaed that he is the traitor.. how is it possible, that the Kilrathi still don't know about the temblor bomb at the end?

As far as I remember (could be wrong, it's been a while since I played this game), you need to rescue that scientist who invented the bomb AFTER Hobbes killed Cobra. After that misson you get a cutscene where you see the Kilrathi talking with their emperor; they don't have the slightest idea for what that rescue mission was good for.

This makes no sense, since Hobbes would tell them about the bomb.

Am I right or am I missing something?

After Hobbes got information on the Temblor, he was gonna run with it, Cobra got the information back, but Hobbes escaped. Maybe he didn't have time to review the info and memorize it.

In the last missions the cats seem to be well on their toes, like they are expecting some kind of attack.
But this is deep in their space, there shouldn't be need for extensive patrols... unless they know something.
And Thrakhath and Hobbes waiting for you at the end...

In the last missions the cats seem to be well on their toes, like they are expecting some kind of attack.
But this is deep in their space, there shouldn't be need for extensive patrols... unless they know something.
And Thrakhath and Hobbes waiting for you at the end...

Hobbes is never a hard one to take down. I always love decloaking right on Thrakath's tail and letting him have it.

Back