How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

Originally posted by Johnl12
What is Vega Strike?
Are you serious, John? Perhaps you should pay attention to the CIC more often. ;) Vega Strike is a WC-inspired fan project.

And hello again, Burns, hope you can stick around. I've been trying to find those merchant Dralthis in RF, and now I can! I hope so, anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Keeping space sim craving alive

Originally posted by RFBurns
Hello everyone! Been awhile(...)

Be good everyone! WC still rules over all!

RFB
The Anomalies Network TEM forum modrator

It has been some time indeed but it's good to see you still know the truth.
Welcome back! :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I've been trying to find those merchant Dralthis in RF...
...and I still can't. :(

From http://www.rfburns.net/mercdralthi.htm
Fly from Joplin pleasure base at the beginning of the game to Achilles minning base in Troy, land at the minning base. Then simply take off again and head for the Pyrenees jump point. Once you reach the jump point to Pyrenees, you should be in range of the Dralthi merchants!
Anyone manage to pull this off?

Warm welcome back!

Thank you all for the warm welcome back replies! Indeed, I do have that special "box" full of WC stuff, not just KS. But KS is the most important out of the entire bunch, well, maybe except my Pilgrim knife and my DVD copy of the WC movie. I consider those 3 things the most important WC items in my collection.

And yes, the wife LOVES to use that when she wants me to do something. But now I have a trick up my sleeve! She has this favorite audio cassette, so much her favorite, the tape is about worn out! I sometimes hide that tape to get what I want! And it works very well! She tries to find my WC box, but I always plan ahead and hide it prior to hiding her favorite audio cassette!

Recently, while playing WC and VS, she has started to show an interest in the games. I loaded up WC3 and WC4 for her on her machine. She is not an avid gammer, but I think that the FMV's are what interests her. But she is getting good at taking out those cats! Only problem she has is she forgets to slow down, or turn out of the way when approaching or attacking ships! She is becoming a rammer!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Take care everyone! And like good ol Arnold said..."Ill be back!" :)

RFB
The Anomalies Network TEM forum moderator

Re: Warm welcome back!

I sometimes hide that tape to get what I want! And it works very well! She tries to find my WC box, but I always plan ahead and hide it prior to hiding her favorite audio cassette!
Heh, heh. Capture the case, anyone? :)

I just got Freedom Force, Sid Meiers's Golf Sims, and Spiderman the movie. You should see the graphics in Spiderman, it's encrebitible. But what really amazies me is that my Geforce MX 32MB card is now a minimum reqiurement.

· 3-D Hardware Accelerator (32 MB VRAM) with full Transform and Lighting*
· US version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP operating system
· Pentium® III 500Mhz processor or Athlon® processor
· 128 MB RAM

Look at that reqiurement. I am planing on building a new system when AMD releases it's new Hammer CPU. But now I'm not should I can wait that long.

A matter of fact both Freedom Force and Spiderman don't support Win95/NT. Both games flat out say no Win95/Nt support. Even ST Bridge Command treats my graphic card as sub standard.

Keeping space sim crave satisfied

Wow! Milo's sim "Starshatter" is excellent! Very pro looking HUD, love the real world physics! Excellent work milo!

Orbiter is another excellent sim! What a thrill to take off from Olympus base on Mars and slip into orbit! Finally a sim combining the ability to land, take off, and park into various kinds of orbits!

And of course, Vega Strike! Yet another fine sim to occupy several hours on the PC!

Still, there is nothing that can match up to WC. Close, but not quite. But in these times when no new WC game is being created, these sims are better than nothing!

RFB

Right now im strying to beat Baldurs Gate part one man its tough especially when my main character is a mage, they take forever to go up in levels well, im on the fourth chapter Tried installing Privateer on my old system but the floppy disks had errors on it then my brother formats them like a dumbsass Oh well you can t win them all as soon as I beat Baldurs Gate I will install tales of the sword coast and try beating that then on to the sequels man they are coming out with the games faster than i can beat them
Well as for WC I want to play the secret missions to WCP i dont have the gold edition which flippin sucks i also want to try out academy and priv2 They need to hurry up and come out with another WC game "Please we're dying out here"!!!!!!! Ive stooped so low into playing RPG games

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

The best post-WC-like game that I've played is Star Trek Academy. Had FMV, pretty good story, so-so missions. It wasn't the greatest but it beat the hell out of anything I've seen recently. Still that was a looooong time ago too. So best answer is to say that satisfy my space-sim craving by replaying the WC games.

Originally posted by Loozer
Ive stooped so low into playing RPG games

Yes, Ye Olde Gods know, you have to stimulate your mind with something other than "The Fast And The Furious", constant reruns of TRL and "Hop On Pop".

Originally posted by Loozer
Tried installing Privateer on my old system but the floppy disks had errors on it then my brother formats them like a dumbsass

Quite often I see Privateer CD version on eBay. At least no one will be able to reformat it!

Well as for WC I want to play the secret missions to WCP i dont have the gold edition which flippin sucks i also want to try out academy and priv2 They need to hurry up and come out with another WC game "Please we're dying out here"!!!!!!! Ive stooped so low into playing RPG games

From time to time, at liquidation sales, I find WCP Gold many times, sometimes a few copies of WC3 and older. Check your area for liquidation sales events, keep tabs on eBay too.

RFB

Originally posted by LeHah

Yes, Ye Olde Gods know, you have to stimulate your mind with something other than "The Fast And The Furious", constant reruns of TRL and "Hop On Pop".

Please refrain from ever placing the great Dr. Seuss on the same level as those two cultural aberrations ever again.

Originally posted by Marcml30
The best post-WC-like game that I've played is Star Trek Academy. Had FMV, pretty good story, so-so missions. It wasn't the greatest but it beat the hell out of anything I've seen recently. Still that was a looooong time ago too. So best answer is to say that satisfy my space-sim craving by replaying the WC games.

I didnt care for SFA that much. It way too much like flying a fighter. Now Klingon Academy was much better. It actually felt like you were flying a huge mass of metal. And the FMV was good too.

Quite often I see Privateer CD version on eBay. At least no one will be able to reformat it!

From time to time, at liquidation sales, I find WCP Gold many times, sometimes a few copies of WC3 and older. Check your area for liquidation sales events, keep tabs on eBay too.

RFB

You know, I'm still unloading those things. :D Maybe I should put them up on eBay.

Oh theres nothing wrong with RPG i prefer to play RPG thru books, dice and imagination myself I love but cant find anyone with the time or motvation to play As for RPG on computers they are great but lately (and I think I speak for everyone that is a part of this chat zone) That playing a new wing commander game would be more amusing than an RPG

I onyl regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

Originally posted by Soma

Still unloading? Why do you have so many copies?

LOAF could probably explain it better, but it was on sale for about $3.00 CAD each per copy where I worked (employee discount), so I picked up a whole bunch of them to form a shrine and to maybe sell to those in need. :D

Back