How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

Re: Re: Before this thread got ridiculous. . .

Originally posted by Bob McDob

C&C Renegade r0x0r2 j00, b307(h

Leetspeek is only funny when it's completely out of character.

all kinds.
i have a:
486/33 dos
486/66 dos
pentium 90/100 dos
pentium 233/mmx 95
pentiumII 300 x2 98/XP
PentiumII 450 not in use
Celeron 600 Linux(my server)
Celeron 800 XP(my laptop
PentiumIII 850 @ 1020 Linux/XP (my destop)

Originally posted by LeHah

David Boreanaz is lucky he can find his way out of a paper bag.

Yeah, but he's not responsible for whether or not the show is deep-- no more than crappy WC actors are responsible for the coolness that is Wing Commander. LOAF: Do you remember, waaaay back, the original Mario Bros. Show? I mean, with the live-action luigi and mario in the beginning. Every Friday they'd have an episode of "The Legend of Zelda" instead. That had to be one of my favorite american cartoons of all time... monsters actually made that old NES Zelda explosion noise when Link hit them with his sword!

What I have/have rebuilt

I have:
3 486s
1 386
1 350 mhz Pentium II
1 250 mhz pentium
1 120(?) mhz pentium
1 1.6 ghz Pentium IV

The 1.6 is my new baby. Its got a GeForce II 32mb, SB Audigy Platinum, Network card, Real magic DVD Decoder card, modem.
40 gb drive, 15 gb drive, 30 gb external USB drive.

my current rig has all name brand parts.
Antec case and powersupply
asus mobo, CUBX
intel p3 850 @ 1020
cool master sink.
micron ram, 2 sticks of 256mg.
1, IBM 40g
1, Maxtor 40g
1, Western Digital 30g
TDK 12x10x32 cd-rw
samsung 8x dvd, w/hollywood plus and remote
teac floppy.
2, removable drive bays
geforce2 mx, 32mg
sblive 5.1
3com 905b
tvtuner card
microsoft keboard and mouse
saitek stick
cambridge 5.1 speakers/ 200w sub
kds 19" moniter, trinitron
philips webcam
and i think thats it,

Happy Nice

That is a pretty nice system. Mine I think can barely compete. I only have like 768 of Ram or something like that. Unfortunately it is like PC 133 ram so it kindda sucks. I still have to get my DVD remote and a TV Tuner card. the parents wont allow a TV in my dorm room so I have to make due with watching my computer. Which I can't do yet, because of the absense of the TV Tuner card. But I have downloaded a load of Seinfeld episodes, Star Trek episodes and are making due.

my friend has one, the $250 card.
he only has a p3 500, and is a Compaq :eek: , but can run return to caslte wolfenstien better than my rig. :(
that is one beast of a card.
though WCP on a geforce card looks bad.
my old machines are 3DFX only!!!:D
which WCP and SO look freaking sweat on.

The compaq certainly would need all the help it can get.

yes, yes it can.
i would actually buy an emachine before i would buy a compaq.
compaq's are not even true computers, in a traditional sence.
they have no bios, us propritary hardware, and unless u have a server that came with it, Linux will not like it very well. thats been my experience. their hd's have that crazy ass system partition on them. they are just a bad idea.

do yourself a favor, spend the extra money, build your next computer YOURSELF, u will enjoy it more.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant

Yeah, but he's not responsible for whether or not the show is deep-- no more than crappy WC actors are responsible for the coolness that is Wing Commander. LOAF: Do you remember, waaaay back, the original Mario Bros. Show? I mean, with the live-action luigi and mario in the beginning. Every Friday they'd have an episode of "The Legend of Zelda" instead. That had to be one of my favorite american cartoons of all time... monsters actually made that old NES Zelda explosion noise when Link hit them with his sword!

Yup -- there are a bunch of episodes available on a DVD (they cut out all the live action... except at one point...).

Seriously?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Yup -- there are a bunch of episodes available on a DVD (they cut out all the live action... except at one point...).

For real? Where can I find this DVD? No live action Captain Lou Albano, though....

What do you mean by "except at one point...," :confused:

Compaq's do have a BIOS. They design their PC's with the assumption that the enduser doesn't know what they are doing. If you know how to service a Compaq you can get into it's BIOS. This is why companys like Compaq. If you can't get into the BIOS you can screw thing up.

Compaq is the number 1 PC maker. For work I would and do buy them. We do have Unix running on a couple of Compaq Machine. Compaq do make Unix/Linux server, but I would still buy IBM RS servers. I wouldn't use one for my own personal PC.

Unix/Linux still do not have support from most Hardware manufacture. Which is why you need to pick your hardware carefully. I had to replace may CL modem for a USR modem so I could get on the internet.

Compaq are not very upgradible. They're not design to be. If you need flexiblity then build your own PC. It's not very hard. The key is the Motherboard and case and make sure you have the most current chipset driver. Everything else is easy and fun. http://pcmech.pair.com/ Or you can buy one from a local PC store that do custom build.

Compaq's do have a BIOS.

No, they have firmware, not a bios. they even call it that. look for firmware updates at compaq. what u r referring to is the "system Partition" that only compaq uses. it is not a bios. it's compaq's custom MBR (Master Boot Record), it sits on the 1st 30 or so meg.s of the booting hd. ( press F10 at boot to access) it has some bios like options, but it is does not funtion as a bios

Back