How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

GAmes besides WC AHHH!!!

Well, after updating to XP PRO.. (Someone hit me)... I am now unable to play any WC games except Prophecy. I recently finally aquired Armada, but because it is a DOS game my OS will not allow it to work. So I have been forced to stick with Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, and Homeword. Origin I need a new WC game NOW!!!!!!

Re: GAmes besides WC AHHH!!!

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Well, after updating to XP PRO.. (Someone hit me)... I am now unable to play any WC games except Prophecy. I recently finally aquired Armada, but because it is a DOS game my OS will not allow it to work. So I have been forced to stick with Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, and Homeword. Origin I need a new WC game NOW!!!!!!

Despite all of Microsoft´s efforts, there´s ALWAYS a solution.
Please read my post in your other thread and look for help in the Tech Support Forum.

Before this thread got ridiculous. . .

I was just reading some of the earlier posts and saw that a couple of people were playing jedi knight 2. Make no mistake, this game is badass. While its a slow starter, the story is good and the lightsabre combat looks like something from the movies. . . I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the films, particularly as we may be waiting a very long time for the next WC.

DEEP SPACE NINE RIPS OFF NEIGHBOURS

Damn soaps in space, I mean they shoulda known a sci fi (well multiple ones :p) set on space stations just couldn't be enjoyable, couldn't realistically bring new and intresting discoveries about on a daily basis, so instead we watch the banter between a changling and a ferengi and get told its "deep" :p

You're confused -- the 'Deep' in the title refers to the name of the space station, not the qualities of the show itself. Babylon 5 is the incredibly pretentious one <G>

meh I've been told DS9 is deep by people in #w-c before :p Infact many have told me the same of Buffy and Babylon 5, thankgod I am able to form my own opinions

Re: GAmes besides WC AHHH!!!

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
I just install KS on my XP Pro machine. WC3 plays perfectly. I don't understand why people can't get it to work.:confused: Now I do build my own PCs and I make sure that all my drivers are up to date. I also am using win98 compartitiblty mode on the WC3.exe icon. :) I am able to play on WC's Windows base games on my XP machine.

Re: Re: GAmes besides WC AHHH!!!

Originally posted by Johnl12
I just install KS on my XP Pro machine. WC3 plays perfectly. I don't understand why people can't get it to work.:confused: Now I do build my own PCs and I make sure that all my drivers are up to date. I also am using win98 compartitiblty mode on the WC3.exe icon. :) I am able to play on WC's Windows base games on my XP machine.

KS was updated for use in windows. Older WC games were DOS— meaning they very probably won't work. Even WC III, originally, was a DOS-install game. BTW, I still play WC Amiga! I love it.

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
BTW— Buffy is deep. Angel's deeper, though:)

David Boreanaz is lucky he can find his way out of a paper bag.

You know what's really deep? The Super Mario Brothers TV show. It raises some really serious issues about the world around us, and how giant lizards and stuff are trying to take it over.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You know what's really deep? The Super Mario Brothers TV show. It raises some really serious issues about the world around us, and how giant lizards and stuff are trying to take it over.

Captain N, IMHO, is the deeper of the classic Nintendo shows, as it deals with issues such as homosexuality.

Originally posted by Happy
I rebuild old computers just to play WC1&2.
...?

That has no bearing on anything, but still, it´s a good way to change a stupid subject. :D

Re: Before this thread got ridiculous. . .

Originally posted by Lordstanley42
I was just reading some of the earlier posts and saw that a couple of people were playing jedi knight 2. Make no mistake, this game is badass. While its a slow starter, the story is good and the lightsabre combat looks like something from the movies. . . I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the films, particularly as we may be waiting a very long time for the next WC.

C&C Renegade r0x0r2 j00, b307(h

Back