How are you keeping your space combat craving satisfied?

Just how a medium for gaming can in itself suck is beyond me... I'll go with strange elitest attitudes :p

Consoles are just PCs specifically designed for gaming for all intents and purposes (especially the X-box :p). Since Renegade was no better than any of the other sequels in the over hyped C&C series (yes I love number 1 but thats it) maybe you should consider actually TRYING some of the games out there.

GCN has Rogue Leader, Pikmin, Smash Bros, in a month Resident Evil Rebirth, followed shortly by Eternal Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 0 (plus theres an absolute bomb shell of titles such as RE4, Zelda etc due around Xmas time)

PS2 has MGS2, Ace Combat 4, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry (I have to leave off the overhyped and praised GTA3, sorry), ICO and the Starfighter games.

X-box has ummm.... well if you don't mind REALLLLLLLY generic stuff I guess Halo might entertain and if you love memorising combos I'm sure DOA3 will be up your street :p And a port of Starfighter

I am right now playing I-War 2 which I got for $20.00. I got it when I bought ST: Bridge Commander at CompUSA. I also got DS9 The Fallen and Master of Orion 2 there too. Both was price for less them $10.00 each. I almost bought DS9 The Fallen when it was new for like $40.00.

I-War 2 is a lot like Privateer. I even merge the Walkthough and Deluxe Star Map mods so they can be use at the same time. Hey, the number two download since it was posted two weeks ago. I was surprise no one done that before. I see why people like to make mods for the game. Fun stuff.

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Don't call me Bobbery :(

HAHAHA! I had a feeling I'd be hearing from you about my new nickname for ya' :D

What's wrong with it? It flows so well....

mpanty- I WILL ALWAYS BE THE MANIAC ;)

Finally had a go at Rogue Leader. <drool> :)

Comfy controller certainly helped with the experience.

I continually replay WC games, especially since I don't have much else to play on PCs. Nor the time to play them.

I get my space sim fix by playing the entire WC series. Over
and over
and over
and over... you get the point.
Seriously though. I've tried many a space sim, and none hold a candle to the original. :D

Originally posted by Manic
I get my space sim fix by playing the entire WC series. Over
and over
and over
and over... you get the point.
Seriously though. I've tried many a space sim, and none hold a candle to the original. :D

That is exactly what I havve been doing for quite some time. Sometimes I'll mix in a little Rogue Spear or C&C.

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter is dumb fun.
Rogue Leader is frustrating fun.
Prophecy gets played once in a while; same with Alliance.

playing, dare i say it, "freespace 2" :eek: (don't hit me)
WCIII (again)
WC : P (again)
and Janes WWII fighters

and Jedi Outcast, but I am stuck at the mo :(

freespace2sucks.gif

Back