Hotel bomb blast shook Jakarta last Tuesday

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
Some of you may haven't heard,

two days ago (Tuesday noon) as a car loaded with explosives was deliberatly exploded at the JW Marriot Hotel on Jalan Kuningang, central Jakarta. The blast has killed at least 14 lives and around 150 others have been injured.

While no groups has claimed responsible to the Indonesian government, the Singaporean newspaper Strait Times reported that the moslem fundamental group 'Jemaah Islamiah' has claimed to be perpetrators of the act.

Police suspects that the blast was caused by a suicidal deliverance, and also it is similar to the one in Bali October last year.

All I ask for you guys around the world to think a while about this event, and please pray and support those who have been victimized.... I don't know how much hatred and wrongdoings can be caused by this, but I hope that they may learn to soften their hearts and forgive the wrongdoers,
...while we struggle to bring those wrongdoers into justice.

-Arvin 'TheFraix' Chandra

Yeah, I heard. My first impulse was "What the Fuck". My second was "hey, don't I know someone there?"

yeah thats to bad, it was all over australian news, and at elast that mutha fucker with the smile on his face is getting death, thats at least some solance to the many australians and other nations ppl who lost there lives

The impression I got from BBC Radio coverage was that the Indonesian legal system is based around a panel of judges, like court-martial tribunal or a US Supreme Court, rather than jurors. Is this right, or did the circumstances simpy warrent different measures this time?

yeah its somthing like that, though i think that capital punishment for this......scum sisnt enough, he should be made to suffer, send him to akensaw and let some rednecks make him squeel like a pig......or seriously just make him die in a horrible excrutating way.

hes a dirty scum bag he should be used as shark bait

It just saddens my heart to see how far man can go to ends to destroy one another.

Did you saw the news about Amrozy (Bali bombing suspect) trial results? He was marked for death execution, and Amrozy just gave a two thumbs up and gave a large grin.

I saw a snapshot of one foreign newspaper headlined: Bali Bomber Laughing All The Way To Hell

Well, here's a related link:
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/08/07/bali.react/index.html

-TheFraix

The guy knew what was going to happen as soon as he got involved in the plot. With a mind so set as to kill people for no apparent reason, why should he act all glum recieving a sentence he doesn't respect? And with the attitude he's showing, with zero remorse, almost no acknowledgment, he is making himself into a martyr.

But it's not really fair to say "the death penalty isn't enough." People claim that terrorist actions like what happened in Bali and Jakarta epitomizes what is wrong in the world. What sense would it make to "send him to akensaw and let some rednecks make him squeel like a pig" (writer's own racism noted) ? We claim that we're the civilized people who want conflict to stop, but how is executing someone, or torturing someone, civilized? And what is making a bomber suffer anything but releasing our primal instincts, acting like wild animals in some attempt to force repercussions on a man who doesn't care over so many dead? Lock the guy up and throw away the key, but don't lower our collective societies to his level just out of barbaric, and even immature, malice.

IMO if he's HAPPY about his sentence, I say let him have it. We have plenty of people with remorse for lesser acts. No need to let people like him spread whatever extremist ideals are his flavor to others.

As for torture, I don't really care either way anymore. As long as he's dead and not commiting other such acts of terrorism, or getting 3 hots and a cot on the victim's taxes.

it was a joke kell not racism, our own primal instincts.....hmm seems to me that without them we would still be in a primitive society our primal urges let us excell and grow into better beings.....amrozy is an evil man and should be executed in a slow and painfull way......

the only reason hes smiling is because he things hes gonna get 1000 virgins when he dies muslim religion is a sham......lock him up? why so he can watch tv? and smoke ciggiretts? kill him so his scum isnt here anymore im sure if your folks were among the dead u wouldnt want him locked up watching TV ud want his dead and id guess ud want to pull the trigger yourself, i know i would

they say two wrongs dont make a right.........i say evil begets evil death and pain to that discusting example of human filth he isnt worth spitting on

Lord_Nathrakh said:
the only reason hes smiling is because he things hes gonna get 1000 virgins when he dies muslim religion is a sham
That's quite a leap there... you think Islam is a sham because of what one individual believes?

I'm also somewhat confused about your argument that primal urges allow people to develop into better beings, since it seems that this argument is the exact reverse of what is really the case.

not just one mans belifes alah proposises that if his bidding is done that thats what will happen as it says in teh q'arahn as it was proved with september 11 as it was proved with bali as it was proved with the terror attacks around the world initiated by muslim extreamists

Eh, I've heard that shit too many times already... I'm not gonna waste my time explaining how wrong you are.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
as it was proved with september 11 as it was proved with bali as it was proved with the terror attacks around the world initiated by muslim extreamists

So you think ever terrorist who kills himself does it so he can go to paradise?

Our primal urges was just that: Primal. A civilized society, as we believe we are, transcends primal urges and uses logic and common sense. Where is their logic in forcing someone to suffer for a crime when there is little or no chance he'll regret what he did?

Also, does anyone know about the prison system in Indonesia? I doubt that they're as glamorous as the American institutions.

ChanceKell said:
Where is their logic in forcing someone to suffer for a crime when there is little or no chance he'll regret what he did?

The logic is in that mabye someone else will choose not to do the same thing, for fear of the punishment.

Because religous extremists are so logical and sane in the first place. Lets appeal to their logic to stop them! :rolleyes:

One death sentence isn't going to deter them. There is absolutely no reason to prolong his death to make him suffer.

okay, you're right about the logic bit. but no reason to make him suffer? WTF is that shit. there's plenty of reasons to make him suffer, not only for what he did, which is one of the worst crimes known to man, but also the simple fact that just killing him doesn't even begin to do justice. quick deaths are for humans, not for terrorists.

Well precisely what would be the point of making him suffer? It doesn't bring people back to life does it? I know it isn't going to stop terrorists and torturing people certainly isn't very just. If anything it will give them even more ammo to recruit more fanatics.

If you don't like the moral arguement think of it this way: we've wasted enough time and money on him. There are other terrorists to get. We need to be as efficient as possible.

I sense another long-drawn out thread . . much like the "question for christians" one which was recently shut down (thank God). Aside from that, I have nothing really to contribute. Enjoy, kids.

Back