Hostile "queue" issue/bug

fyodor

Spaceman
When killing an opponent, the targetting system switches to a new opponent. The problem lies in how it chooses this opponent if there are more than one present. I've often had the target switched to an opponent 30k+ away, while there were still enemies right on my tail shooting me to bits.

The same thing happens when pressing "h" and no hostiles are targeted. Say I'm trying to make a run for a jump. I check the distance to the jump and want to switch the target back to the hostiles right behind me. However, I sometimes wind up with some other random hostile way the heck off.

Currently, it seems like P:R makes a list of all hostiles in the area and just loops through this list, with no consideration to the locations of the hostiles.

Manual doesn't seem to be correct, it really says that [h] should cycle through all NEARBY hostiles/hostiles targeting me but it seems to go through all enemies in the sector regardless the distance and even if they're attacking some other ships. Not very practical if there's like 20 hostiles and only couple of them attacking me...

Doesn't the manual say nearest? Anyway...

I'm pretty sure the original switched through all hostiles - and that's great, IMO, it just needs to target the closest first.

Back