Hornet Kit

Awesome model mate!!

Would it be possible to get a stage by stage wrote up of how you did it, and the materials used.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Maybe soon we'll see some original paint jobs to match various squadrons.
Is there any images of paint jobs we could use? Or did all the Hornets (for example) in Confed all use the same green paint job we saw in the first game?

only 'official' hornet squadrons i can think of are the "Killer Bees" from the 'Claw and the VF-12 "Flying Eyes" from the KIS Mjollnir. Then theres the squadron from Standoff. Of course there'd also be UBW wings and possibly civilian ships?
PS excellent idea McGruff ill take it to the sports field tomorrow :D

Attachments

• buginthesystem.jpg
    buginthesystem.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 172
I dont think that fly thing was a good idea. they are a lot easier to hit than ion drives :D

Aplha 1-1 said:
KIS Mjollnir

FRLS, wasn't it? or FRLN? It's been a while since I read that book. The Kilrathi called it Kharga, I believe. Spelling may be incorrect? I don't have the book here with me.

FRLS, wasn't it? or FRLN? It's been a while since I read that book. The Kilrathi called it Kharga, I believe. Spelling may be incorrect? I don't have the book here with me.

At the end of the novel its still given its KIS title, but realisticly it woulda been renamed FRLS Mjollnir. It was the KIS Karga.

only 'official' hornet squadrons i can think of are the "Killer Bees" from the 'Claw and the VF-12 "Flying Eyes" from the KIS Mjollnir

One more: the Yellowjackets, also from WC1.

(FRLN - Free Republic of the Landreich Navy, FRLS - Free Republic of the Landreich Ship.)

Cool thanks LOAF i'll have to get round to finding their insignia's.
And as of 30min ago I finished the beast :D

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 188
  • killer bees.jpg
    killer bees.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 181
That's so cool. It's even got the killer bee's logo.
*Thinks back to taking off from the Tiger's Claw*

Maybe you should make a massive carrier next to house the fighter.

Oh yes, please. But a Dralthi may be easier, no? But seeing how awesome your Hornet looks you probably will handle a Salthi. :cool:

Lookin through the ol' Claw Marks the Salthi seems simplest and since im still learning about scratchbuilding its the best shot at making a cockpit. Wont be able to start proper work for a while tho cos i finally got my ghosts in the mail.

It's really really nice - except for that golden star! :p ;)

I thought the Salthi would be harder because the wings are bent down whereas the Dralthi's are not (but rounded, difficult too). But as I said: I have absolutely no competence in this area. So I just wish you best of luck when you start your work! :)

Ok shouldn't be too long now for the instuctions. I was wondering if anybody else has made or attempted making WC ships besides those neato mini-ships and the Centaurion.
P.S. Anybody got some good pics of a Salthi that arent WC1 or at least a good idea of how it should be coloured/markings

Back