Hopes for Music (April 13, 2001)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
LeHah posted this idea to the Chat Zone, and it bears repeating to all of you...
After this whole send up of the WC4 cut scene score, I'd like to point out something...There is a fanproject going on called Project Majestic Mix. It's pretty much a few guys taking the fan's favorites from the Final Fantasy series and putting the songs to different arrangements, from Orchestral to Techno.The Majestic Mix site is http://www.kfssstudios.com/music.php3I think we, as fans, need to get a few things. Possibly bother Oldziey into giving us sheet music to his WC music.I think we need to grab one or two people in the WC fandom that can read sheet music and have them arrange it...maybe we could get someone's high school band to play it? Even the scramble theme from WC3 would be easy...all it is is percussion and brass which is practically all HS bands are.If we fans want an orchestrated peice, we need to obther Origin and see if they'll give us the rights and maybe 2% of money. Of course this'll cost money, you fool! Everything these days costs money, and the bill might be high, but we'll never know unless we give it a shot...

--
Original update published on April 13, 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
All the music from WC1 and WC2 is done in MIDI, and so is most of WC3, extract the midi files, import and resort them in Band-in-a-box or Cubase and you have the sheet music(or as close as possible). To re-arrange it for a high-school band is another job then just going by the sheet music.

I was always obsessed with that melancholic piano tune from Wing 2 that was played in the lounge. In the music pack I downloaded it's labeled WC2-38

Now, being one who can barely bang out chopsticks, I'd always wanted to see the sheet music for this. I've been told by a music major that this song is, in fact, unplayable.

I could see how it would take more than 2 hands to play it, but I imagine 2 pianists could manage. I'd love to see this some day.

I'm similarly in love with Jazz's piano tracks - I'm trying to persuade my flatmate - who's a professional pianist - to look at it and possibly do a recording. No luck yet though :(

I was always obsessed with that melancholic piano tune from Wing 2 that was played in the lounge. In the music pack I downloaded it's labeled WC2-38

Now, being one who can barely bang out chopsticks, I'd always wanted to see the sheet music for this. I've been told by a music major that this song is, in fact, unplayable.

I could see how it would take more than 2 hands to play it, but I imagine 2 pianists could manage. I'd love to see this some day.
Not sure who the music major was, but I could easily play that, even those quick passages. But keep in mind piano performing is my profession. Just wanted to set the record straight that it wasn't unplayable.

That's awesome! Now I want to see someone play it... :)

Edit: I'm sorry, but the smileys at this new board are TERRIFYING.

Back