Hopefully not an inappropriate question

U

Unregistered

I did a dumb thing earlier today: beat mission 3 (the frenetic running back and forth fending off waves of Nephilim from transports, the Dauntless, Beafort Station) and forgot to save the password. Thus, I have no access to Mission 4 fiction, or apparently any fiction BEYOND that. I swear up and down I've legitimately beaten mission 3, so if anyone would be so kind as to slip me the Mission 4 password I'd be most grateful. Either a post here or an email to siradam@hotmail.com will do. Thanks.

I would sent mine but I play it on Nightmare difficulty and I dont know if the password is different... Well I dont think so.

Im at work now ,Ill E-mail you or post here when I go to home :)

Go on, send it to him. I'm pretty sure they're the same for different difficulty levels, just different for win or lose conditions.

Although, someone from the UE team might want to confirm/correct that.

Yeah, they're the same. There's no way that you can tell what difficulty level the player chooses in WCP/SO. Although, interestingly enough, it seems Origin did intend to add a function to check difficulty level - that's why there was more attaboy scenes than there are in the game, because some of them were to only show up on higher difficulty levels. I wonder why they ultimately decided not to bother.

"Attaboy"? Like the one where Stiletto(?) thinks Casey needs a bigger helmet?

Where did you hear about that idea from?

No... the attaboy movies are the Rachel-Casey conversations you get after each mission. You know, "looks like my techs will have their work cut out" and so on. There is a special function which determines what movie is shown depending on the success/failure of a mission and the damage your ship has taken. Anyway, amongst various other stuff in the WCP missions folder, there is an alternative series file with an expanded attaboy function - apart from the two factors mentioned above, there is a third factor - difficulty. This provides room for more attaboy movies. Had they implemented this, you would have for example gotten the "Either you're the best pilot in Confed or you're the luckiest" movie if you did really, really well, and were playing on a high difficulty level.

Back