Homeworld mod looks neat...

Frosty

a full fledged GF
Hehe, the HW mod looks neat.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

It sure does. I haven't seen a T-bolt that looks that good since SO.
smile.gif
I'll have to get me Homeworld soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the special edition, you get more and it's cheaper.

------------------

-Frosty

They can't be too high... I remember the demo played smoothly on my PII 400 with TNT1. But I can't remember if I liked the game. I'll have to reinstall the demo and see, because I agree that the mod is looking good.

You need a PentiumII or greater machine to run it. That'sa pretty much the only requirement. Any machine with a PII or celeron probably has enough RAM. Minimum requirement for that is 32MB.

Funny thing, if you have a Pentium Pro, It'll run, and fast enough too, but MMX machines of the same speed won't run it at all, they choke.

------------------

-Frosty

I have a AMD-K6 II (266) plus a Viper 770 but even with that the game frame is kind of bad when a "big battle" start, because you have a lot of ships firing and exploding.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

Earthworm said:
What are the minimum reqs, and could you tell me a little about the gameplay? Not much, just the general stuff.

Recommended specs are a Pentium II 266 with 64MB RAM and a good 3D card. My PII 266 with 96MB and TNT2 normal crunched in the last level of the game... insanely fun it was, though.

The gameplay is truly cool. Full 3D views of everything. The gameplay can be slow at first, but if you use fighters it's quite fast. In can get disorientating with attacks coming from above and below, and 3D movement needs getting used to. But once you get the hang of it, it's really fun.

------------------
- Arnav 'Dexter' Manchanda
http://jupiterhq.tripod.com
"Damn you Captain, damn you to hell!" - "Jazz"
- "Jazz" Colson, before his ejection seat is vapourized.

But you know... during a battle I feel that we can´t see very well (I´m not talking about the frame). Too many explosion, is hard understand what is attacking what and you always (in my case) have to look the battle with the zoom completely out and that´s a shame.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

[This message has been edited by Asterix (edited June 08, 2000).]

Used a K6-III 400Mhz, 128 Mbytes of SDRAM and a Geforce DDR. Ran well at 1024x768 (or was it 800x600), even with that FSAA thingie.

Of course it chugged at the last level. My previous config did that too.

And like Asterix said, once the battle is joined, it gets too hectic to be viewed on a close-up angle. It gets even worse when the explosions start.
------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited June 07, 2000).]

Back