Home-made BB Sentry Gun

BrynS

Mr Kat says...
Just saw this on another forum -- using easily accessible components, Aaron Rasmussen explains how he created a sentry gun by mounting an FN P90 BB gun onto a tripod, connecting some servos, cameras and other bits and writing a target acquisition and aiming programme, which seems rather effective.

He explains how he built it here.

imag00616fu.jpg

There's a short ~7MB Quicktime movie of the turret in action here.

take3000123yw.jpg

He plans to add a laser range finder at a later stage as well as a multiple target identification and tracking system and has ideas for further applications, such as for keeping crows off cornfields or by mounting a camera instead of the gun and using it for wildlife photography. Very cool piece of kit!

Cheers,

BrynS

This reminds me of the time I had to jump out of an exploding airplane and the only thing to protect me from terrible diamond-mining super-gorillas was the complex network of laser-guided automatic machine-guns that also survived for some reason.

Bandit LOAF said:
This reminds me of the time I had to jump out of an exploding airplane and the only thing to protect me from terrible diamond-mining super-gorillas was the complex network of laser-guided automatic machine-guns that also survived for some reason.

Makes me think of that ill-fated stint on LV-426, where me and my boys are bunkered in Operations, away from the nasty xenomorphs. :D
"A and B guns, tracking and firing. Multiple targets..."

Damn, I have a P90 airsoft AEG. Maybe I should set that up with an external battery feed and ammo drum too... :D

Back