Hobbes funeral

If you want to toy with it, you can always resize the video and use some of the divx codec options to either smooth or sharpen. You dont loose any quality and the end result is (artificially) better looking. But you take a hit in file size.

This is definitely in the PC version as I saw it myself when I was playing - I remember the look Cobra gives when the camera goes to her.
I didn't use any downloaded save game either...

Same for Flint.. I believe their reactions are reused in other funerals. Hobbes can't die though.. what would happen when he is supposed to defect? You can launch, arm a full salvo of missiles and try to destroy him.. he is invulnerable. There is just one mission where there would be potential, Proxima 1, if you were to go there from versions of Tamayo, Blackmane or Delius, but I don't believe the game ever unlocks his invulnerability.

I'm telling you that it's definitely possible on one mission at least - when you go down a path that will lead to death for humanity, Hobbes can die. I don't recall him saying anything over the comms when being blown up though...

Now that you say it, I remembered that I saw it, before I had ability to extract the videos. So I dug up my old notes I made back in the days. I made a few instruction lists, what I had to do during the game, so that when I played the game through a few different ways, I had seen all the different videos that were there.
In my notes I made a remark, that you had to lose mission F3 and had to let Hobbes be shot down. After that you are in the Proxima losing tree. So I think it is possible I made the note because Hobbes could die in that mission.
F3 is the last mission in the Blackmane tree after you lost the Locanda bioweapon mission.

Better -
you can only loose Hobbes if you're loosing the game.

@ChrisReid: The last part of the funeral (reaction shots and such) are the same for all funerals. The funerals are one big file, which I split up and then can put together again as needed. There are many alternative takes during the funeral depending on who is still on board.
Here is my list of all the possible funeral scenes:
115_1 Funeral Cobra a
115_2 Funeral Cobra b Flint
115_3 Funeral Cobra b Eisen, Rollins, Rachel
115_4 Funeral Cobra c
115_5 Funeral Flash a
115_6 Funeral Flash b Maniac
115_7 Funeral Flash b Blair
115_8 Funeral Flint a
115_9 Funeral Flint b Maniac
115_10 Funeral Flint b Blair
115_11 Funeral Flint c Vaquero
115_12 Funeral Flint c Eisen, Rollins, Rachel
115_13 Funeral Flint d
115_14 Funeral Hobbes
115_15 Funeral Maniac a
115_16 Funeral Maniac b Flash
115_17 Funeral Maniac b Eisen, Rollins, Flint
115_18 Funeral Maniac c Flint
115_19 Funeral Maniac c Blair
115_20 Funeral Maniac d
115_21 Funeral Vagabond a
115_22 Funeral Vagabond b Eisen, Rollins, Rachel
115_23 Funeral Vagabond b Flint
115_24 Funeral Vaquero a Blair
115_25 Funeral Vaquero a Flint
115_26 Funeral Vaquero b
115_27 Funeral Vaquero c Eisen, Rollins, Rachel
115_28 Funeral Vaquero c Blair
115_29 Funeral all cont. a
115_30 Funeral all cont. b Vaquero
115_31 Funeral all cont. b Flash
115_32 Funeral all cont. b Vagabond
115_33 Funeral all cont. b Flint
115_34 Funeral all cont. b Maniac
115_35 Funeral all cont. b Eisen, Rollins, Rachel
115_36 Funeral all cont. c

So for example Funeral Cobra:
You start at "Cobra a" and then comes "Cobra b" which there are two different versions. One with the reaction shot of Flint, the other with Eisen, Rollins, Rachel. After that "Cobra c", "Funeral all cont. a" and so on.

Blair's funeral is a separate file with MANY different reaction shots.

Ive had this play when I played the game. Course the first few times i kept going down the loosing track and being hopelessly confused. I was quite crap

Ed

Origin probably had to blaze a few trails with WC3... that's probably the reason why WC3 and 4 are so quirky. Specially the video part.

WC4 got rid of the funerals, but had the newscast audio played over the gameplay part. pretty nice too.

Edfilho said:
WC4 got rid of the funerals, but had the newscast audio played over the gameplay part. pretty nice too.

WCIV had the scripted funeral of Vagabond. Which also gets it on 24.

Delance said:
WCIV had the scripted funeral of Vagabond. Which also gets it on 24.

and catscratch.. But niether has the multiple wariations listed for wc3

Back