Hobbes - cartoon connection ??

LOL! You are silly, Mekt!!
I think Supdon is referring to the last Lone Gunmen episode, an X-Files derived TV series... :)

Eh eh, your fault if you live in Germany... :p

Yup!! And it's pretty sweet too! Mixes comedy with technologic espionage, just like in X-Files (for the espionage-conspiracy part, despite some X-Files episodes are clearly meant to be fun)...

Two of the creators are Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz, and they all worked on X-Files before... :)

Oh don't worry Quarto...
Wedge's sense of humour is dormant... he needs a Prince Charming to kiss him, and wake it up... :p

Originally posted by mpanty
Yup!! And it's pretty sweet too! Mixes comedy with technologic espionage, just like in X-Files (for the espionage-conspiracy part, despite some X-Files episodes are clearly meant to be fun)...

Two of the creators are Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz, and they all worked on X-Files before... :)
Cool! :cool: Do Scully or Mulder appear from time to time or are other references made to X-Files?

Mulder doesn't even appear in the X-Files any more :(. Scully is Mulder now, and the new guy is Scully.

Yeah, I heard that. Did the David Duchovny not want to continue or what happened? (You know here in Germany, the newest episode we saw is the one where Mulder gets abducted.)

I don't know how they explained it in the series (I watched X-Files today, but I actually haven't really been keeping track of it for about two years now), but yes, I believe David Duchovny didn't want to do it any more.

I think he was abducted by the evil government... you know, the ones who cancelled the Babylon 5 game. :)

(He shows up every few episodes -- he filmed like seven this season, and they've mixed them throughout).

Ok, sweet, finally I can feel superior in this forum, knowing (hopefully, if no one comes up to spoil my title :)) more about X-Files than the rest of you guys.

Let me explain.

Mulder gets abducted at the end of season 7, in the episode Mekt has mentioned.
In season 8, Mulder is totally absent for the first part of the season, but he appears in form of flashbacks.
The "new guy", as Quarto said, is actor Robert Patrick (the T-1000 guy from Terminator 2), who plays agent John Doggett, a friend of Walter Skinner. He is the new assigned partner for Dana Scully.

In this new season, the producers and directors wanted to give X-Files the original stance i.e. Mulder investigating paranormal cases, and Scully being there to question his judgement, and provide a scientific opinion...
In the first seasons, Mulder "believed", Scully was the "skeptic"...

In this new season, the roles have changed: Mulder is gone, and Scully has seen so many things she could not explain in the past seasons, that she has started to "believe" as well!
Moreover, her partner has disappeared, and she really thinks he was abducted!! That's where Doggett comes in, taking Scully's "role" of the first seasons: the "skeptic" character!!

At any rate, we're way after mid-season by now, and Mulder has just reappeared in the last episode: he has been "returned" by the Aliens...
AHA, but unfortunately in the last episode it appears that he is dead, that he did not survive the tests the aliens performed on him!!
As always, Chris Carter leaves us in doubt... :)

To answer you last question Mekt, Mulder and Scully should make "guest apperances" in the Lone Gunmen series, yes!
As a matter of fact, the next episode on Friday should feature Walter Skinner already...
Mulder should appear later, but the episode in which he appears has not been filmed yet...

So Mulder is now away without getting Scully in bed? I am sure a lot of X-file fans are very disappointed by that fact (me not BTW).
I hope the lost gunmen will also be shown here in Germany, they are cool. And guest appearances are often quite funny. As the X-file episode where Frank Black from Millenium appeared.

Eh eh... although Mulder and Scully never actually *made out*, it is hinted on many occasions... :)

After all, in these 7 seasons their relationship had time to grow way beyond simple "affection"... ;)

BTW Mekt, it's the LONE Gunmen, not "lost"...

I am no crazy X-files person.
And what do you mean, it was the worst person ever? Did he piss you off? Was he unpolite or what?

Back