Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Movie

Antix

Rear Admiral
Yes, its' been ages since I've posted here, but this is one of the few places I figured maybe I could share my excitement. I've always been in love with Douglas Adams' H2G2 books, and now that the first is coming to theaters on May 6, I thought I should pass it along so everyone has the heads up.

http://www.hitchhikermovie.com

Not much info yet, since they haven't finished up post-production yet I suppose. I'm anxiously awaiting more than a teaser trailer. Anyone else hoping this movie is going to be worth the ticket price?

This is the first I've heard of it, hopefully it will be decent. I remember seeing a version on tv years ago that was dreadful.

I kinda doubt there is any possibility to make this one great. Cannot imagine the book being filmed. But if they really make it hey - wow.... Where can I camp to get movie tickets?

Considering how it was born on radio, and there was a weird TV series on BBC, I hope H2G2 can be good on the silver screen. Let us hold on to our towels.

Now now, I thought the BBC series from the early 80's wasn't bad. As a fan of the books, I felt they did a pretty good job translating it to TV. Sure, the special effects were terrible and the acting was pretty cheesy, but it was a lot of fun. I'm also curious to see how the movie will turn out.

Back