Hilarious WC moment

Well, whether I choose to save Maniac or not depends on who I will need on a mission the most later on. Whichever guy you side against will screw up his next mission--Dekker will demand more time while you fight off an extra wave of Black Lances, while Maniac, if you upset him, will leave you high and dry the next time he is on your wing and things heat up.

Originally posted by TopGun
Either way you lose

Yes, which is exactly why I said that I make the choice based on who I will need more later--I have to pick which one of the two I can better "afford" to have insubordinate on me later.

Here's one for ya. I was just playing the first Wing Commander on Nintendo, and I was on a mission where you defend the Claw with Paladin. (Can't remember which mission). I was waiting for one of the Kilrathi to become aggressive before ordering Paladin to attack, and the cats suddenly lost interest and ran. I ended up with no kills, but the mission was a success because the Kilrathi had been driven off. Anything like that happen to you?

The mission was probably Gateway 2.

I always liked how the Kilrathi would often run when crippled in WC1 -- made the battles seem a lot more 'realistic'.

i was playing RF yesterday and i was fighting 2 retros. one was on my six and was shooting at me, but his shots missed and killed his buddy. the funny thing was that when that happened, the dude started cheering like he killed an enemy :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The mission was probably Gateway 2.

Yeah, that's it. If WC doesn't have fighters that are marked (that's when a fighter is singled out on your radar, usually one who's attacking you very aggressively) then I'll have to try and remember that, see if they can just be scared off.

Originally posted by Aries
i was playing RF yesterday and i was fighting 2 retros. one was on my six and was shooting at me, but his shots missed and killed his buddy. the funny thing was that when that happened, the dude started cheering like he killed an enemy :D
That happens all the time. :)

I actually had a Squid run away from me, which was shocking. I thought the Nephilim never ran. It was probably a one-off glitch. I've seen Retros run away too, crashing right through Oxford and popping out the other side, albeit heavily damaged. :)

Hellespont 2 Mission in WC4. One of the Pirate Razors at Nav 1 decided to ram the transport, after I fried his buddy. Ok, I though might happen, just a case of bad flying.

Well at Nav 2, just as I got ready to blast those two Razors out of the Sky, they went for ramming the Transport as well. They just dove at firing away and not bothering to pull up, and I always thought Retros and Kilrathi were suicidal… :rolleyes:

I rolled on the floor laughing my *** off when two Confed fighters in Privateer, flew into each other after I jumped into Perry. It was neat, cuz they flew upwards, then both fighters took a nose dive right into each other!

Maybe they were doing combat training???!!! :D

Back