Hi, quick question from a new guy. :P

Ratsorizzo

Spaceman
Wow do I get the resolution of Prophecy to go 1920 by 1080 with the patches? I have them all setup but the install by Mario crashes when I try to set the it. TIA

Update, got by that. Now I have everything working except one thing, the movies are small and the middle of my screen after the DVD skip fix.

Not sure you needed to apply the cd skipping patch separately. Did you download the DVD movie packs and put them in the right directory?

If you're using the latest combined patch with OpenGL then the movies should never be small and always scale to the correct resolution.

If you're running the Direct3D patch the movies will be small, however if you use the DVD patch that issue will go away.

Ugg so many patches, IS there a way you guys can list the correct way to install them? Ill just uninstall then reinstall according to your specifications. Then Number them in their own folders in case.

The wcphr.dll from the DVD patch makes them large but they flicker the hell out of my screen then i get a gl error and a crash.

Think my mom says Intel extrem graphic 16mb.
JK :p Gefore GTX 560, and thank you that order worked!! Just now the movies are a black screen on some unless i check subtitles. Is that normal for this patch?

Ok I have an issue with awful scan lines in the video and subtitles flash if you choose subtitles.
Which is the only way they work.
But Holy crap. I just ran into something, if you use the program Razer Game Booster and set it to gaming mode. I don't need subtitles and the scan lines are gone. Also subtitles don't flash if you choose so. How the hell does that happen?

You shouldn't have to turn on subtitles. However it sounds like some kind of overlay issue. To be clear, you did download the mpeg2 movies right?

The VOB files? Yes long ago. I'm 39, not from Germany and know computers well. :p

Sorry, anyways yes. :D And no offense to Germany my family is from there.

All seems to work just fine now. Subtitles on or off, fine, but still scan-lines, except when i use that Game Booster. Which is odd. For some reason I thought the option menu window in the game was smaller before, looks weirdly bigger now. Is it something I did? Also, how can I go back and watch the intro movie again? As of now It goes quickly to a title card, then to the crew lounge which I was at last save.

Bump? Anyone know how to re watch opening? And why the Game Booster does it? What Game Booster does is shut off unnecessary processes for games. And no I don't work for them but I'd like to know what was stopping the scan-lines. Which you suggested might be overlay problems.

Bump? Anyone know how to re watch opening?

Select "New Game" from the Esc menu.

Still waiting to hear on your chosen OS. x86 or x64? You can forget bumping threads, this community is an active one. If an answer is to be found among us it will happen in due time, please have patience.

Yes El-Preidentay...
JK, sorry bad habit from ghost town forums. I have Windows 7 x64. :D And thx for the new game thing.
Last problem is still It goes quickly to a title card when I start the game, then a black screen unless i hit any button, then it'll go to the crew lounge.

I had to wait a few seconds (about 10 - 15) for my system to load the video codec. How much time are you giving it before you ESC the opening?

As to interlacing...I'm assuming you've looked in the ESC Options menu and have "Interlaced Video" disabled and downloaded all 3 movie packs yes?

Sometimes It loads up, even right away, but sometimes pure blackness forever until I hit any key.
Have all the VOB files yes. The only thing that stops the scanlines is Game Booster, I really wanna know what process it's killing that's fixing it. SO I might just have to tinker each one by one. Interlaced does nothing either way.

"Game Booster" is probably running some third party smoothing/de-interlacing. It doesn't seem like the game is seeing the vob files if you're seeing interlacing. You probably still need to get the Enhancement Pack working right.

I did everything perfect so I don't know what else it could be. And that booster program is supposed to use less services so I don't think it would be doing that. It must be some kind of video service maybe that it stopped.

Update, when I play a DVD i get it too. I may be on to something.

What's with the quote marks on Game Booster in your post. I'm not Billy Mays here trying to sell it. Just saying it somehow catches the issues by turning something off. :p

Update, those were encoded from a disc as I'm moving all DVDs to a hard drive is why. I just watched the VOB files and no interlacing. So yeah I think you hit the mark. Sorry. Let me see what's going on.

Ok I cant figure it out, I have everything right and working except interlaced DVD video. Could the files from the DVD be playing instead and causing it?

Update number 8,7091: Disabling Windows Aero and going to Windows Classic fixes it, had nothing to do with Game Booster. So what the hell does that mean? :/

That's weird that Aero is interfering... that's the first I've heard of that bug.

Now, you have all the game files on a DVD or jus the movie files? Or is the DVD all the CDs on one disk with the movie files in your prophecy install folder? I know there's a way to get the game to point to where you are storing the video files, and if that somehow gets broken it will revert to the original crappy quality videos from the CDs.

Also, don't know saw it on the front page or not but there is an update to the enhancement/dvd patch. http://download.wcnews.com/files/wcp/OpenGL-WCP_setup.exe

Back