Hey, Tye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Hey, Tye:

You wrote

" Ah, no, Mav, he is what we in the business refer to as a "Wigger." Some black people may also take offense to the statement as opposed to solely taking offence to the moron, and therefore he may be referred to as a "Cracka ass cracka." In addition, we can conclude that Preacher does not know that, in fact, it "feels good to be a gangsta," because, as I'm sure you're aware, he could not in his wildest dreams become a "gangsta."

Word."
==============================
==============================

1) What "business" is that?

2) You are putting entirely too much stock in a single term used in a single post, dude. (For one thing, you don't know that I ain't black myself--sounds like you've deduced from my writing style that I'm a white "cracka". Hmmm... I guess that makes you guilty of stereotyping me, don't it?... :D)

Fact is, I draw my vocabulary from a wide range of different languages & cultures. Anyone who's read a number of my posts have seen me use expressions from Latino, Black, Brit, French, Scots, and various American cultures/subcultures/languages. I say what strikes me as appropriate and/or funny at the time, regardless of what culture/language it originates from. I intend no offense, and if I have offended anyone, I apologize--but aside from possibly yourself, I can't think of anyone else (either on CZ or in meatspace) who's said a word about this...

I have some sensitivity on this subject myself--I'm part Mohawk, actually. That said, how do you think it feels to be running into sports teams everywhere named "Redskins", "Braves", etc., and seeing that lame and embarassing "Tomahawk chop" thing?...And, FYI, most of us don't particularly care for the term "Native American". We much prefer the specific name: Mohawk, Lakota, Blackfoot, Apache, etc.. While it's erroneous, we even prefer just plain ol' "Indian" to the term "Native American", (probably cuz we've had, oh, 500+ years to get used to it...)

3) Oh, and one last thing: You're right--I don't "know that, in fact, it 'feels good to be a gangsta,' ". I'm sure it "feels good to be a terrorist", too, if you're Osama Bin Laden, but that don't make it a valid lifestyle... :rolleyes:

It's generally not a good idea to continue a thread that was just closed. And you shouldn't be starting some dumb Off-Topic thread anyway. Take it to e-mail.

6) Talking about other subjects, even other space combat games, that are not directly related to WC is not the best idea. Proceed with caution.

10) Please be aware of the fact that the CIC is limited in bandwidth & server space, and try to be sensible with your posts. Which is not to say that you are to be serious 100% of the time - but there are limits on "silly" posts.

In this case, this isn't a 'silly' post but rather one that has little or no place on this board. Also, bringing up a topic from a closed thread generally isn't the best of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back