Hey guys I just got a new computer!

Ijuin said:
My first computer was a 286 with ONE megabyte of RAM and a fifty megabyte hard drive, and it predated CD-ROM drives. In 1988 it was hot stuff.
Oh yeah?

Commodore PC10 here

8088 4.077mHz
640k ram
pc speaker
dual 5.25" floppy drives
110 baud modem

cff said:
This will most likely not work. Windows is only capable of supporting any form of 3D acceleration on the primary graphic card. That is not to say that a clever driver might not pull it off on the second card as well, I just haven't seen one so far.
Yeah, I was trying to install the Voodoo 3 on my main computer (also a relic) and even though Windows recognized it and allowed me to install it, it didn't do anything.

Also having two video cards overworked my cooling so I just kinda gave up

Vinman said:
Yeah, I was trying to install the Voodoo 3 on my main computer (also a relic) and even though Windows recognized it and allowed me to install it, it didn't do anything.
Also having two video cards overworked my cooling so I just kinda gave up

Don't want to be picky, but if adding a simple Voodoo 3 killed the cooling of your PC I wouldn't trust it in the first place. Overheating and crappy Powersupplies are the #1 reason of unexplainable system instablilities. You probably also will have heat problems without the Voodoo if you put stress on your system for a longer time period. Personally I don't consider a system to be stable if it doesn't work (flawlessly) for at least 12 hours on full load.

Fortunatelly, my main machine, Phoenix, is working pretty damn fine. what with my playing of GTA SA and SCCT for hours and hours, and no glitches. I did add a BF zalman VF700 ALCU cooler to the VGA, just in case.

And Karl is right, A good branded power source is of utmost importance. We cannot stress that enough.

LeHah said:
I use to think I was an annoying, know-it-all jerk with a bad sense of humor and a crappy avatar forced upon me as punishment by the mods.

Then there came you and now I look like I shit gold.

I always thought your avatar was pretty good. And I felt the same way, until LOAF stuck that poor guy with the dorky 70's looking robot that made him amused so much he didn't ban the guy.

I've grown rather fond of my Arrow. But I want to see if I can find one with more yellow.

Vinman said:
Oh yeah?

Commodore PC10 here

8088 4.077mHz
640k ram
pc speaker
dual 5.25" floppy drives
110 baud modem

Nice, but I was in diapers when THAT was state-of-the-art. :D

Back