Here's a thought...

Earthworm: Umm... Yes. I think we all knew that
smile.gif
. Otherwise, everybody would be trying to get on the enemy's side, rather than his rear.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why the hell are you saying they don’t?
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Well, I said that because there were shilds that functioned as side shilds in WC3 and WC4, but none in WCP&SO (and no matter what anyone say, that's 2 shilds less). And I had a translated manual about how to play the game, none of the fic (I really hate when they translate the manual, they're only do that to get more money for the game
frown.gif
)

------------------
Evilution!

A poorly phrased statement, perhaps. I simply meant that side shields did not have separate ratings. And strictly speaking, they didn't exist - it's just that the fore and aft shields also protect the flanks.

The designs have been somewhat simplified, becuase the number of independent sheild generators is halved, it may be easier to damage the sheild generators faster once the sheilds are down, but they are less likely to do so it seems becuase the power is used more efficiently with the two rather than four.

Also yuo can never destroy the generators totally until you deystroy the fighter.

Just me two bits.

You could take out the shield generators in Priv. It was so neat, when suddenly the Gothri's shields went down
smile.gif

It wasn't so neat to fly with your shield generator down though.
smile.gif
But it made the game more realistic.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

It's much more hair-raising to fly _against_ a Dralthi... In a battered old Tarsus. I nearly died before my puny little lasers finally penetrated his rear shields. But then I hit his shield generator
smile.gif
. Kilrah, he died for you
smile.gif

Well, I'm glad that that's behind us, this topic didn't come out like I wanted
frown.gif

------------------
Evilution!

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited February 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited February 04, 2000).]

I don't know... It kind of bugs me when people say that threads didn't come out how they wanted... Threads never come out how the originators expect them to. People shouldn't expect it.

It's called TOPIC DRIFT people
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC: Indeed. And sometimes, you just have to mention topic drift, and you'll jump several topics further
smile.gif

Like right now. We're talking about topic drift when three posts ago we were talking about Dralthi fighters
smile.gif

Yeah, but what're you gonna do?

Plus... Topic Drift is a cool subject
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

What am I gonna do? I'll just keep on driftin...
smile.gif

But imagine what this place would be like without topic drift <shudder>... Most threads would get no more then twenty posts, and even that with great difficulty.

Just think how many issues you can resolve under one thread even if it does start with a question you'd think resolved in a post or two.

I have no problam with topic drift, this topic didn't come out like I wanted about the original intetions I had when I started it (the talk about my subject/s).

But now everything ok
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Back