Help with Wing Commander Academy episodes . . .

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Whenever I click on the episode I wish to download for WCAcademy, the website doesn't load, and when I use that German website(which I convert into English using Google) doesn't download correctly.
Please help.

Instead, right-click the link and chose "save target as"

Darn, while clearing some harddrive space I accidentaly deleted the folder that contained my Academy episodes, and when I go to download the High quality version again, it doesn't have the "save target as" thing, so then I click on it, it goes straight to Windows media player and plays it, but when I make a shortcut to it on my desktop it has it as an internet shortcut, not as a video file. Anyone know how to make this a regular video file?

Thanks,
The Maniac

maniac89 said:
Darn, while clearing some harddrive space I accidentaly deleted the folder that contained my Academy episodes, and when I go to download the High quality version again, it doesn't have the "save target as" thing, so then I click on it, it goes straight to Windows media player and plays it, but when I make a shortcut to it on my desktop it has it as an internet shortcut, not as a video file. Anyone know how to make this a regular video file?

Thanks,
The Maniac

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't really try that hard to get them running right. I opened it with Nero SmartStart demo 7 and saved it as a Windows movie file. Sorry again.

Eh, why don't you just download the videos to your computer instead of making shortcuts to them?:confused:

I took my edit out beacause it doesn't work.

And when I click to download them, as I said, it doesn't download, just goes straight to Windows Media Player.

maniac89 said:

I might have mentioned this before, but these sorts of things sort of shake my confidence in someone's ability to successfully bring a fan project to fruition. What if that was the folder with the source files for your Prophecy video project?

I'm 100% positive they weren't, I proved that to myself by playing the video clips.

Back