Help with Kilrathi Saga box please

Mindcrime

Commodore
Hey wingnuts. I’m in the market for a Kilrathi Saga big box because my dumb ass threw it away many many years ago. Anyhoo, I see some on ebay but it has been so long I don’t remember everything that is supposed to be in the box. Can u guys help me remember all the contents that way I make sure to buy a complete one? Thank you!

Right now I'd exercise some patience.

I've seen cheaper complete sets but the only complete set right now is about $150.

I've seen it go for $40 - $60 but your milage may vary.

The game comes with an installation guide that lists the box contents.
This box contains:
  • (5) CDs (your games, including the patch that was developed for Wing Commander IV for Windows 95. See p. 13 for instructions on installing the patch.)
  • Intall Guide (20 pp.) with Installation instructions and Troubleshooting answers to possible problems.
  • The Kilrathi Saga Manual (128 pp.) that gives you information on how to start, save and load each game and get around on the carriers. It also gives you a personal look at Christopher Blair's career scrapbook, a timeline of the war, and information on the ships in all three games.
  • Flight Guide (32 pp.) that introduces the cockpit and describes how to fly, fight and navigate.
  • Reference Card (4 pp.) that lists all keyboard, mouse and joystick commands in the game.
  • Registration Card — we'd love to know who you are!
  • The Kilrathi Saga Calendar (1997/2673) to keep your life on track, Wing-Commander style.

In addition to those items, there's an EA.com brochure (with several full-page advertisements for games from Bullfrog, Jane's, Origin, and Electronic Arts) and a printed EULA. The flight guide is sized to fit in the jewel case for the first CD and ships that way.

Last edited:
On computer events you -might- run into one for under 20 euro's.. it would be a rare find though.. I would be willing to purchase a mint/sealed version and sell it to you or whoever else in this community if run into it for 50 euro's or less, and let you have it for the price I bought and the shipping costs.. Hey, one guy here found a unique WC4 edition at a flea market, so you never know

Nice! Thank u all for the help. I am shooting for under $100 complete set but I may have to wait a bit. But at least now I know what to check for so thank you.
While we are at it which version of Wing Commander 2 for pc has the most stuff?

Depends what you're looking for! The Wing Commander II Deluxe CD-ROM is pretty much the canonical version... and it's as common as dirt. You can choose between the full 'blue box' release with the printed manual or any number of classic, OEM or bundled re-releases and get the same game data. If you want to be really picky, later EA Classics releases have a PDF copy of the manual and a 'shortcut' for running the game in Windows 95 added (though that's entirely useless today.)

... but if you want something that looks great on the shelf, you can't beat tracking down the original release and then the speech pack and Special Operations expansions.

Thanks Ben. Totally looking for something great looking on the shelf and that has the most goodies inside the box. I’m a sucker for manuals and claw marks etc lol.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide on :)

(Unfortunately, there's nothing quite as cool as Claw Marks included in the original WC2 box... but I am a sucker for the separate Joan's Fighting Ships update, which was rolled into the single manual for later printings.)

I will definitely let u know. Right now my collection goes:
Original dos WC1, 3, 4, privateer 1&2, Prophecy(which surprisingly has awesome stuff in the box!), and I’m looking for wc2 and Kilrathi saga. Slowly getting all my old WC games back lol.

Back