help me!

miluuu said:
Whoa Effedor!
How did you do that kill stats?
How was you able to be frendly with the retros? Or is it only a cheat?

Especially bbecause he didn't kill any connfeds... I'm not sure but I always believed killing confeds helps you to make up with retros.

Master Wooky, i kmow that, i already bought all maps, i will try it again, thank you.
miluuu, it was started when i at ferst atask a ship, a Merchant Starship, than merchants began always atask me, because they think that i am a pirat now, but I destroid some pirat ships and now they attask me...merchants and pirates :)

It always takes a lot of pirate and retro killing to make up with merchants and confeds. And you shouldn't destroy one confed or merchant ship. Try to run but never shoot. Because what you consider as attacking in defence is considered just as attack by the computer.

It would be nice to fix that. Wouldn't it? I mean, when you attack in defense, it should hurt your reps a little less (but still hurt them). Or, better yet, make the AI flee when it's badly damaged, or hopelessly overpowered. That way you can avoid killing them.

I never needed to kill anybody. As soon as you have the afterburner you can run (for some unknown reason) anybody... even with a tarsus...

I'm on a Centurion running at 1000kps with full afterburners and a Stilleto can chase me down to the end of the sector (although that's 1.1 beta). That's not bad, except that if you want to make him stop, you have to kill him. No amount of careful pounding will do the trick, they keep coming back for more.

they eventually run away if they have low enough hull
military ships are less likely to run away than civilians...
you'll notice merchants often run and dump their goods to try to entice you to not kill them

I does work... I also noticed that if you don't shoot the to pieces, just damage them hard and when they are running shoot at them from time to time, but never destroy them... then you can normally harvest much more cargo then by blowing them to hell in the first minute...

I never had troublewith those guys in 1.1 but in 1.0 even with the slowest ship you could run them. Ok, they kept following you and they will shoot at you but i have never been destroyed this way. Just look for a save harbour...

Biggest problem is the drug running missions, if you refuse to kill militia (and I refuse to), then you can leave them like a host of mosquitos ... but there are solutions.

... but there are solutions.
... which involve cheating. I consider the exploitation of a... design issue (not exactly a bug) as cheating. And I'm referring to the fact that save and load will make them disappear.

But I think 1.1 behaves a little different, didn't try the save and load yet, but hostiles outside your docked base seem more consistent.

I think it's funny that some magazine is selling this as a commercial game... I once bought a Korean magazine with DeeZire's patch touted as the Red Alert 2 expansion pack. (It was funny to see my name credited in it for the vehicle thief hack).

Master Wooky, no...nothing...i bougt all maps, and presed "n" but i saw only Agr.Planet: Helen, ahiles and hector mining base, Penders,Pyrenees, Reglis, War--stars.
Tell me, how many kilometres are there betwin Agr.Planet: Helen and new Constantinopl, maybe i only can't to find it, maybe i don't have only one system troy...

klauss said:
... which involve cheating. I consider the exploitation of a... design issue (not exactly a bug) as cheating. And I'm referring to the fact that save and load will make them disappear.

But I think 1.1 behaves a little different, didn't try the save and load yet, but hostiles outside your docked base seem more consistent.

Did not know that save and load would make them disappear and go back to the kind of state that the original game used.

I was thinking more of spawning massive enemy problems or flying off to Oxford and taking retro hunting missions until the militia was friendly again.

effedor said:
Master Wooky, no...nothing...i bougt all maps, and presed "n" but i saw only Agr.Planet: Helen, ahiles and hector mining base, Penders,Pyrenees, Reglis, War--stars.
those are all bases and jump points in one single system, the Troy System. You can see the other systems by going to the map and pressing the 'up' button on the right. This shows a map of the sector and the other systems you can visit.

To get to those systems, buy a jump drive, fly into the blue sphere at a jumppoint and press 'j' and you will jump to a new system. If you go to the Jump to Pyrenees and press 'j' you will jump to the Pyrenees System.

It's all out there and not limited, you just need to read the manual, or listen when someone suggests to buy a jump drive and tells you how to use it ;)

SpiritPlumber: I don't think any magazine's are selling it. I was advising Effedor not to pay anyone if such a thing was happening, but I don't think it is. He seems to have the full version, just doesn't know how to jump yet.

(Sighs)
What's the spec of your pc? That message is completely meaningless. Were you trying to open the manual? That is a pdf file, and you need acrobat reader to open it. What OS are you using? If you are running a version of Windows then just download acrobat reader, and then read the manual.

Back