Help me plz

C

Chance

i'd ask this in tech support but alls i get there is dumb searches (all searches list wc3-4 but never 2 or 1) and errors
i want to run my WC2 deluxe edition on cd o my Win95/98 computer
but it either asks for me to insert disk 1 into drive a: when this is a CD not a diskette or it says i have to little ems
i use bootdisks SAME THING to little ems
and that tech support there is P@##ING me off a bit
it has wc3 and 4 dos version info but nothing before
and instead of an e-mail contact ya get searches or win95 help (i need dos to win95 help not win95 strict)
also if anyone has a direct link to an e-mail tech support gimme i am tired of digging and digging through that danged page
forgot there was a tech forum
so heres the misposted message i had
just to get more and more searches that have wc3-4 on them and info on windows 95 troubleshooting
don't they realize Kilrathi saga is a pain in the arse to find unless u got over $100 dollars to waste on e-bay
i mean the producers site doesn't even supply it
thats prolly the worst part

------------------
ummm i dunno
i just don't wanna leave this blank :p

first things first.

Can you post the contents of the autoexec.bat and config.sys files off of your bootdisk?

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

when i use the instal.exe it asks for disk 1
when i try winstal it says not enough ems to run this game
I DO have EMS though i programmed it in awhile back so i could play day of the tentacle and WC3 but WC2 no wanna detect
frown.gif

installs then reboots when i try to play
frown.gif

i lost my bootdisk agian
i use the bootdisk function in WC3's #1 cd

------------------
ummm i dunno
i just don't wanna leave this blank :p

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 05, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have experienced this problem before and found that the only way to avoid this was to XCOPY the cd directly to my hard drive and install from there. All my errors ended after that.

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

Whats XCOPY?
is that your normal click drag and drop copy or something special?
also my WC Academy works fine on this comp
just not WC2

[This message has been edited by Chance (edited January 05, 2000).]

XCOPY is just a DOS command that copies files from a specified directory to another.
For example; XCOPY D: C:

------------------
Steven "Spaceboy" Takacs
spaceboy@canada.com
ICQ-22457107

but don't just use that example... That would cause any file that was in the root of your D:\ to be copied to your C:\

You'll want to create a new directory to house the files first. (eg wc2cd) and then type

XCOPY D: C:\WC2CD

where D is your CD-Rom drive

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Actually, if you want to copy a directory and all of its subfolders, you should use XCOPY /S /E <SRC> <DEST>, where SRC is the source directory and DEST is is the destination directory.

Or, for the same effect, just drag the folder to your hard drive while in Windows... it's considerably faster.

Back