Help in P2 mission.

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I've been stuck on that mission in Privateer 2 where you are supposed to rescue the governor or Anhur's daughter. I figured out the first two clues of where I'm supposed to go for Scipio's message, but this last one doesn't make any sense to me. Can any of you help me figure it out? Here it goes:

Bex beer is powerful stuff. For every 10 kilos that a man weighs, it takes one liter of beer to make him stagger around endlessely abusing tourists before collapsing in a pool of his own vomit. If a 90 kilo man drank enough to make him puke, then was pushed headfirst into a square section empty rubbish bin, measuring 36 cm in along each side. How many whole cm, above the base would his mouth have to be to prevent drowning when he spews?

Multiply this number by 3 to find your final nav point.

:confused:

I asked Hades and Kris about that a few months ago, they made fun of me for not knowing the European measurement system.

Well it's not so much European, as everyone but the Americans..... who still use the old Imperial System (with a few changes)

When the US transportation system tried to go with metric signs, Americans showed how much we liked the metric system by riddling the signs with 9mm bullets. :D

Shipgate said:
I've been stuck on that mission in Privateer 2 where you are supposed to rescue the governor or Anhur's daughter. I figured out the first two clues of where I'm supposed to go for Scipio's message, but this last one doesn't make any sense to me. Can any of you help me figure it out? Here it goes:

Bex beer is powerful stuff. For every 10 kilos that a man weighs, it takes one liter of beer to make him stagger around endlessely abusing tourists before collapsing in a pool of his own vomit. If a 90 kilo man drank enough to make him puke, then was pushed headfirst into a square section empty rubbish bin, measuring 36 cm in along each side. How many whole cm, above the base would his mouth have to be to prevent drowning when he spews?

Multiply this number by 3 to find your final nav point.

:confused:

THe obvious part is that It takes 9L of beer to make him vomit.

The not so obvious part is that this is a simple volume calculation. 1 ml = 1cubic centimeter. 1 liter = 1000 ml.

Divide 9000ml by 36x36 to get the depth in centimeters.

9000/1296=6.94444..... (7) x 3 = 21

AD hit it on the spot...I remember having the same mathematical struggles as you. The first two problems were no brainers...the last one threw me for a loop. Anyway my solution was to hit every nav point...I found it rather quickly actually. :)

Excellent. Thanks for the help, AD. Yeah, I definately feel at a loss for not being that familiar with the metric system. But I guess I was struggling with the problem cause it almost feels like they don't give you enough information. Though I'm sure it does at any rate. But I figured, is it coming up to his nose when he starts to drown, cause upside down it going down your nose would suffocate you. And how big or tall is this guy's head?

I like these high paying sophisticated Privateer missions. Anyway, thanks again.

There is nothing to figure in the metric system... eveyrthing is divided in tens and multiplyed by tens. 1, 10, 100, 1000, 10000... deca, hecto, kilo, mega... It is so efficiente that even american scientists use nothing but metric units. The imperial system is not rational or logic :p

Back to the game, that mission has flabergasted a lot of people along the years. There are some walkthroughs with answers floating around.

Porthos said:
When the US transportation system tried to go with metric signs, Americans showed how much we liked the metric system by riddling the signs with 9mm bullets. :D

That really amused me. You didn't like the metric signs so you riddled them with 9 millimetre bullets. Millimetres being a metric measurement :p

Irony of ironies. I, as an american, have to admit I wish we would use the metric as well. It's just wasting time because in our schools the kids have to learn both systems and then try to convert between the two. However, like someone mentioned, we tried converting to metric entirely a few decades ago and it didnt' go over so well. Oh well...

Skanks said:
That really amused me. You didn't like the metric signs so you riddled them with 9 millimetre bullets. Millimetres being a metric measurement :p

Yes, ironic, is it not?

And no, I personally have never shot a sign, metric or otherwise. :p

But don't forget, that it was .30 cal., .45 cal., and .50 cal. bullets that freed a lot of the world, along with millions of tons of 500 lb and 1,000 lb bombs. And those cool 16 inch guns. :D

Hello,

Ridgerunner said:
But don't forget, that it was .30 cal., .45 cal., and .50 cal. bullets that freed a lot of the world, along with millions of tons of 500 lb and 1,000 lb bombs. And those cool 16 inch guns. :D

Not to forget Gallons of 'Agent Orange' and Napalm.
That's not funny. So I can't understand any smilies. This is a talk about a lot of dying people, nothing to be proud of.

There was no "Agent Orange" in WWII. Napalm was a new weapon near the end of the war.

Perhaps you would prefer a world dominated by Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini. I, for one, even support the nuking of Japan, because it saved about 500,000 American lives. Well worth it. And I bet if you were to ask the few remaining of the 1 million men who were preparing to invade Japan, you won't find too many of them crying in their cornflakes over it.

I for one thank stalin for ridding us of hitler. And I hate stalin. But this debate is endless and stupid.

The ironic thing is that the imperial system is not "yours", it was english...

Implementing the metric system is easy. You make a law saying that everyone MUST use it. It has worked in the rest of the world.

You thank Stalin for ridding us of Hitler? Stalin was nearly obliterated by Hitler...if it hadn't been for massive supplies of ammo from the US and UK (much less from UK) and a divided Western Front the USSR would have been under the Nazi Jackboot just like all the other smaller nations. Stalin was just as evil as Hitler...his purges just as bloody, his ruthlessness just as cunning. What an odd statement...

Back