Help!!!! I Need A German Translator!!!

Youngblood

Rear Admiral
I just recently got the kilrathi saga from ebay and i cant under stand the german emails to tell me how to pay can anyone help???

Sie sind der Käufer des unten aufgeführten Artikels. Vielen Dank für
Ihren Kauf! Wir versenden ausschließlich versichert.Innerhalb
Deutschlands 2-5 KG für 6,70 Euro / 5-10 KG für 9,80 Euro.Bei Versand ins Ausland
muß ich die jeweiligen Portokosten bei DHL erfragen.Ausnahmen bei den
Versandkosten ( z.B. Auktionen mit Zeitschriften, Comic-Heften,
Briefmarken ect. werden ausdrückliche in der Artikelbeschreibung angegeben. Bei
mehreren Artikeln natürlich nur einmal Porto, wir packen Ihre Auktionen
zusammen und suchen die günstigste Variante als versichertes Paket mit
DHL heraus.Natürlich können Sie den Artikel auch gerne in unserem
Ladenlokal persönlich abholen. Bitte überweisen Sie den Auktionsbetrag,
zuzüglich den anfallenden Portobetrag. Unsere Bankverbindung lautet:
Adenaus-Auktions-Shop Postbank Dortmund Kontonummer : 812 808 466
Bankleitzahl : 440 100 46 Für Auslandsüberweisungen: IBAN :
DE38440100460812808466 BIC : PBNKDEFF /
Wenn Sie mit der Ware und unserem Service zufrieden waren, würden wir
uns über eine positive Bewertung freuen. Da in der letzten Zeit immer
wieder Bewertungen für uns vergessen oder nicht abgeben wurden, bewerten
wir nur noch nach Erhalt unserer Bewertung.Wir bitten um Ihr
Verständnis.Sollten Sie wieder Erwarten nicht zufrieden sein, bitte kontaktieren
Sie uns!

Best I can make out:

You are the buyer of the article below. Thank you for your purchase! We only ship insured. Within Germany this costs 6/70 euro for 2-5 Kilograms, 9.80 euro for 5-10 Kilograms. To ship out of the country, I'll have to ask DHL about the costs. Exceptions to the normal shipping costs (for example auctions with magazines, comics, stamps etc) will be explicitly stated in the description of the article. If you buy more than one article, naturally we will bundle them together and find the cheapest option to ship an insured package with DHL. You are also welcome to pick up your item personally at our shop.

Please transfer the amount due, plus necessary postage. Our bank account is Adenaus-Auktions-Shop Postbank Dortmund. Account number: 812 808 466. Bank identification code: 440 100 46. For foreign money transfers (you I would think): IBAN: DE38440100460812808466 BIC : PBNKDEFF (trans. note: I am not entirely familiar with banks and stuff, and any formatting that section may have had was wiped out when you posted it here. Hopefully some of that makes sense, esp since that seems to be the important part)

If you are satisfied with our goods and service, we would appreciate a positive rating. Since so many people forget or choose not to give ratings, we do not give a rating until one is given to us. We ask for your understanding in this matter. Should you happen to be unsatisfied, please contact us!

Very good, Mamyia (although you obviously were the guy who beat me in the auction)...

The important part is actually the IBAN (international bank account number) and the BIC (bank identification code). If you take these two numbers to your local bank, they'd be able to arrange the transaction for you. But depending on your country's banking system, some charges may apply.

It's a bit strange that they ask you to find out about shipping cost - although it doesn't hurt, it might be courteous (and safer) to go to the DHL website, find out the shipping rate, and then send a mail to that vendor, making sure you got everything right.

I also checked the vendor - they're a reseller for people who are too lazy to put up stuff on ebay on their own. That's pretty common in Germany, and judging from their past transactions and their website, they're pretty good. They also seem to speak English, so if there's anything still open, you might as well ask them directly.

DHL (courier) shipping will be expensive, maybe in the area of $35. I've sent stuff to the UK before using standard mail and it was only $5 for something the size and weight of a video game box.

Back