Hello

Fellentos

Spaceman
Hey,

Greetings to everyone here. I stumbled upon this place after I saw a link about the Privateer Remake and I was happy to see there's still a Wing Commander community.

I was always a big fan of the original WC Privateer and I played for quite some time eventhough I never finished it, got stuck somewhere I think. Loved the open endness and upgradable ships.

I was around 12 years old when I played the Wing Commanders. Games that really had a lasting impact on me in that time. There was nothing like it, and the story and combat really interested me. Though looking back at it, the story wasn't that spectacular, though still nicely displayed.

Who wasn't was stunned to see the Tiger's Claw destroyed (in the WCII opening for crying out loud!), the betrayal of Ralgha and the death of Angel?

WCIII and the later editions didn't quite grip me as WCII though. I guess part of it was the change in coloring and the slightly different combat dynamics in WCIII. I just loved those Ferrets, Rapiers and the Concordia who could blast a ship with its phase transit cannon. Flying in an gray white arrow on a simple TCS carrier just wasn't that spectacular for me.

It's a shame they stopped expanding the Wing Commander universe. These games will always be in my Best Games list.

Hi, good to have you here. Take a look around and don't forget to visit the CIC, www.wcnews.com for a lot more (and more structured) information than the forums. You'll see that for all those years, people have been discussing the same questions the games have put into yout mind, and from that many people have written, designed, researched, programmed or composed a wealth of additional material.
A concept that as a game maybe really wasn't "that spectacular" has developed its own momentum, and has become some part of the life of all the people who post here - taken for granted that everybody here has a life...

Back