Hello WC CIC, it'a 2018!!!

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
OMG it's 2018! It's been awhile and I am so glad this community is till going strong. I probably lurk more on the FB page than here but do think about you guys from time to time.

Had a few "other games that might remind me of WC" experiences I thought I'd share.

Last year I played Quantum Break on XB1. I was intrigued to get this game based on the integration of a TV style series. You'd play the game for a bit, then at about 4 different spots in the game you'd have to make a decision. This decision would change the plot a little bit. Then you would go into a 20 minute episode with live acting. Based on your decision you would be shown one of two (I believe) versions. You decision would also impact the over all game slightly. If you don't know QB is a sci fi 3rd person action game. If very much reminded me of of the Fringe TV show. Even had one of the actors from that show. While I did enjoy the story more than most games, over all the game fell flat. The TV show that was integrated into the game wasn't very good and look very low budget. It also didn't really feel as integrated as the much shorter live action we would get with, say, WC3. So while I enjoyed playing what felt like an extended episode of Fringe in the end it did not capture the magic that was the WC interactive movies.

The other game that gets me thinking of WC is none other than the recent Star Wars Battle Front games. I've played both SWBF (2015) and SWBF2 (2017). Sadly I feel the gamer community has been a bit harsh on these two titles and have "thrown the baby out with the bath water". While SWBF2 is not breaking new ground with game playing it is a very solid high quality game with a lot of content. Great action and variety. lots of maps etc. Sorry to sound like a commercial. the community rightfully so freaked out about EA's use on loot boxes. But that aside it's a fantastic game. The flying is much improved over the 2015 title, although still not as good as the flying in WC3 (and beyond). So my message here is careful what you believe, think twice about the negative hype and pick this game up for cheap (been on sale a bunch). Flying aside there is not much to compare to WC3 other than the fact that it is Star Wars.

So WC fan projects aside what are you guys playing these days? Anything that captures either the interactive movies or flying from WC? I would love to hear what games ya'll are playing.

Still baffles me why they haven't brought back the WC series in earnest.

Back