hello, is there a multiplayer wing commander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muz

Swabbie
Banned
hi everyone, im looking for multiplayer wing commander game, where we can always play together based on pre-wing commander prophecy series. is there any game that i can find here?

For MP options you are slightly limited:

Armada/Proving Grounds - Armada has a strategy mode as well as space combat, while PG is geared just towards combat

WCP MP - HCl's MP patch allows for simple deathmatch games in the Vision Engine

Arena - requires XBox 360 and XBL allows 16 player games in arcade shooter set in WC universe.

is there links to download it, i mean links that i can play with u guys, easier, and much faster? or do u have to pay for it?

is there links to download it, i mean links that i can play with u guys, easier, and much faster? or do u have to pay for it?

You have to purchase the core game before playing (Armada, WCP, or Arena).

Proving Grounds can be downloaded from the CIC, but requires Armada.

WCP MP can also be downloaded from the CIC, but again requires owning the game.

Arena requires owning an Xbox360 and having an XBL account.

I don't understand the rest of your question. We don't support piracy of WC products so no download links for those. I don't know what you are asking about with "easier, and much faster."

ok, ive just tried out armada, that games looks bit silly on dosbox :p, but if u have to choose over armada or wcp which one u choose?

i dont have xbox360 though :p,
easier and faster means that, kinda like u playing wing commander games online instantly, i thought wing commander was a freeware, i guess its not yet :p.

ok, ive just tried out armada, that games looks bit silly on dosbox :p, but if u have to choose over armada or wcp which one u choose?

i dont have xbox360 though :p,
easier and faster means that, kinda like u playing wing commander games online instantly, i thought wing commander was a freeware, i guess its not yet :p.

What do you mean by silly?

I have a bad feeling he just torrented Armada so I'd just leave this be....pirates make their own way through Gemini.....

silly means, i thought the engine the same as wc3, but the engine is from wc1, and i dont like wc1 and wc2 bit :p,

no i downloaded it from a site which distributes old games and abandonware, and it was free.

so u guys not playing multiplayer at all????

silly means, i thought the engine the same as wc3, but the engine is from wc1, and i dont like wc1 and wc2 bit :p,

Funny because the Armada engine is actually the WC3 engine.

no i downloaded it from a site which distributes old games and abandonware, and it was free.

As I stated earlier Armada is not freeware. There are only two games that can be legally downloaded, the KS version of WC1 released by the CIC and WC Secret Ops. Every other game is still protected. In the end it's still piracy.

so u guys not playing multiplayer at all????

Not with pirates and also the word is spelled y-o-u.

but the gameplay still feels like wc1.

what about wing commander saga? i thought that game has multiplayer capabilities. Even though its Freespace 2.

im no pirate :p, i had kilrathi saga original disc, but lost :p....and even wc4, but also lost....

I disagree. Even though Armada is the same engine as WC3, I think it's actually rather unique. It doesn't feel like either WC1/2 or WC3/4. Certain things are very fast, and particularly with the AI, there's almost too much spinning in circles to get on an opponent's tail.

so u guys played with joystick or keyboard? I find it pretty boring to play flight sims witth keyboard especially Wing Commander and Tie Fighter these days, except using a joystick I bought on my own, a Logitech, really love it, :p.

I think Wing Commander will become a freeware in 5 years time, that's all I want to say :p,

I think Wing Commander will become a freeware in 5 years time, that's all I want to say :p,

Did you read the thread or were you too busy downloading WC games from some "abandonware site that was free?"

I'm guessing you don't even realize that your thread from the other day is what started this conversation.

Now to get to your remarks...no it won't be.

Hmm, I downloaded those Wing Commander games just because I miss those games. It's just far too impossible to get those games on E-Bay. I mean, I don't even know how to set up money online yet. As far as I know, EA still owns Wing Commander, so I do know piracy is still wrong. :p

Hmm, I downloaded those Wing Commander games just because I miss those games. It's just far too impossible to get those games on E-Bay. I mean, I don't even know how to set up money online yet. As far as I know, EA still owns Wing Commander, so I do know piracy is still wrong. :p

You must be joking right? Too impossible to find on ebay? I know you didn't actually look on ebay because you would have seen that:

Searching for "Wing Commander" on Ebay brings back 388 results currently of every PC WC game released.

Searching for WC Armada has 11 listings ranging from $3 to $35 for a mint condition game.

You don't know "how to setup money" but do know how to pirate a game. It seems like you are just lazy and stupid to me.

EA owns Wing Commander. Did you somehow fail to understand that from the rest of the thread?

I don't really get how an emoticon somehow makes you cute and makes the fact you pirated WC games any less stupid and wrong. It just makes me dislike you even more because you seem to think that it will make everything all better.

I have no sympathy for pirates.

Not because of lazy and stupid, its just that I dont trust online banking yet. As far as I know, piracy will never go away. And it just won't go away.

My concern is, Wing Commander games just died out. After Prophecy, there were no more. I mean cmon man, Blair died, what happens next? You really like to know what happens next right? You want more Wing Commander games right?

I mean Wing Commander franchise couldve been lot more better, if they released WC as a freeware. For example like EA, made Westwood Red Alert, a freeware game, as a result, making their Command Conquer franchise became even more popular and more bigger today.

I just seem don't understand the way you use your language Dundradal.

Don't trust online banking? Yet you are willing to download pirated games (which I hope you download a trojan and it destroys your computer). You said it was "too impossible" to find the games on Ebay and I just showed you that that is not the case.

So because piracy will never go away that justifies your pirating games? That is the stupidest excuse I've ever heard and yes you are lazy and stupid.

Could have been better if WC was freeware? What are you talking about? By giving away a game for freeware it will make it better? It's clear you don't understand the C&C thing and I'm not going to bother to explain it since I don't believe it would have any affect.

Don't understand it? Ugh.

You pirated WC games. We do not like pirates here. We do not support them, help them, etc. What's difficult to understand about that? Don't try to lecture me about how what you are doing is going to somehow help WC. You're a scumbag pirate who doesn't get when everyone calls him out on it and thinks it can all be laughed away with an emoticon.

Muz said:
As far as I know, piracy will never go away. And it just won't go away.

Neither will rape or murder. GUESS IT'S OKAY TO DO THOSE THINGS!

Stealing is stealing. You're not a Wing Commander fan (or a fan of anything) if you refuse to support it with money. You're just another faceless leech Internet drone, congrats on your well-deserved anonymous worthlessness as a human being.

[QUOTE="Muz]I just seem don't understand the way you use your language Dundradal.[/quote]

You also supposedly don't trust online banking. I think this says more about you than you intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back