Hellcat = Piece of Junk

If you lose the series before you jump to Ayers Rock, the 'losing' mission includes destroying two Mandarin Broadswords. (In SO2, of course).

Ohhh... only on the losing path? :(

BTW, is the "winning path" for SO1 and 2 a "straight line" like in the Secret Missions? (check Mark Harrison's guide for what I mean by "straight line" in SM1 and 2... :))

Check who? It's pretty obvious SM1/2 are straight line paths. So are SO1/2. Screw up a series and you pretty much lose the whole campaign.

Not to brag, but I haven't ever had problems with any mission in SO2. That explains why I never saw them. I think SO1 was more difficult. The only difficult mission in SO2 was the one with the two Fraltha while you are in a Morningstar. And only because you have to be perfect with the Mase and torps.

SO1 and 2 aren't *entirely* straight lines -- if you lose a series, you go to a 'second chance' mission... if you win the mission, you go to the next series, if you lose it, you lose the game.

Originally posted by Hobbie
Not to brag, but I haven't ever had problems with any mission in SO2. That explains why I never saw them.
Silly, play all the missions with the mission selector program. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
SO1 and 2 aren't *entirely* straight lines...
Such as attacking Rigel depot with Broadswords instead of Crossbows, I guess.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
SO1 and 2 aren't *entirely* straight lines...
Such as attacking Rigel depot with Broadswords instead of Crossbows, I guess.
And miss to pilot that wonderful fighter? :eek::eek:

[Edited by mpanty on 03-28-2001 at 22:06]

Actually I just said something stupid, the mission selector is included in the game itself, it comes for free!! :):)

With Kilrathi Saga? Then how do I use/access it? Sorry, this is mission selector thing is something I didn't know about until now, and I have been playing since WC1.

No! It comes with any WC2 version you have (LOAF come to the rescue to explain this), provided you have SO... In fact the mission selector comes only with SO, if I'm not mistaken. LOAF should tell you more..

There is even one for Secret Missions (and you get to choose missions for WC1 as well :cool::).

[Edited by mpanty on 03-28-2001 at 22:21]

Try the CIC "mission editor",

https://www.wcnews.com/files.shtml#wc (bottom of the page)

but I doubt it's a "selector"... I think you should have installed with SO1 and SO2... what are your .exe files in the WC2 directory?

[Edited by mpanty on 03-28-2001 at 22:25]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok... then I believe it does not include the mission selector...

If you give me your email, I might be able to send you the .exe file that enables you to select SO1 and SO2 missions...

Although... ach, where is LOAF when you need him?! ;)

There is a selector - at least with my deluxe version there is. They're *.COM files, say you want to fly the final mission in WC2 at K'tithrak Mang, you would type:

WC2 8 d

IIRC. Must have the spaces. 8 stands for series 8, d stands for mission 4. 1-8 are the 'winning' track missions, 9-12 are on the 'alternative' track. Similarly, for SO1/2, there are series 1-4, and a 5th series for 'second chances'.

Back