Hellcat = Piece of Junk

They made a movie about that time I went from general to gladiator through a series of amazing co-incidences and action-packed scenes in ancient Rome.

I believe it was called "Erin Brockovitch".

What is that chaff pod tactic against cap ships in WC2?
I always flew out of range, switched view with F12 until I saw the Ralatha, even when at 12,000klicks, let my torpedo lock and my shields recharge and then flew towards her until about 3000klicks and then released the torp. Then the same again. Took a bit of time but it made the whole pretty easy.
Any yes, the Gothri is the most (and only) challenging Kilrathi fighter of WC2.

It's been a while, but, iirc, after you clear out the fighters, you cycle through you weapons until you come to the Chaff pods. You lock on the capship and fly as far away as you like to let your shields recharge. Most folks choose around 16,000, but I know one time when I was particularly battered, I went out quite a bit farther. Anyhow, the way I did it was to come to a dead stop, turn the ship around to face the cap ship and then cycle to the torpedos. You could get a lock from a much greater distance. You still needed to fire at close range, but you could have full shields before you started the run, and if the cap ship was moving (usually toward you), you would have time to recharge before they started firing at you again.

As for holo-vids, Blair also had at least one, based on the loss of the Claw, though I always got the impression it was more of a FOXplotation film (The Amy Fisher Story, The Texas Cheerleader Mom Murders, etc.), than anything meaningful. Of course the way Bear talked, his wasn't much better.

Oh, and LOAF, I thought your movie involved your attempts to get EA to release another WC game and was entitled Crouching EA executives, Hidden Wing Commander. :)

[Edited by Shane on 03-27-2001 at 11:01]

So the chaff pods enable you to keep longer a lock on the Cap ship? Hmm, with the F12 key you do not need to keep your chaff pods...

Ja, Blair's movie was called "A Treacherous Hero" -- based on Janet Williamson's 2657 book...

The book covered, apparently, only the destruction of the 'Claw and then his disgrace... the movie was made 11 years later, and Blair was somehow involved in the production (so it might have been the *entire* story...).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Ja, Blair's movie was called "A Treacherous Hero" -- based on Janet Williamson's 2657 book...
That, sadly, you can only know from Mark Harrison's guide of WC I and II (and maybe from KS as well?)...

Eh eh, I was so sure of that... :D Thanks LOAF.

Can't check though, until my KS copy is shipped to me... :)

Originally posted by TC
What did happen to LOAF: The Movie? It looked so promising :(

TC

I think it was dropped in favour of the movie about an Elven Princess' battle against depression and bulimia in "Laurana, the unauthorised biography."

Best, Raptor

I thought the movie involved LOAF's girlfriend sneaking into his WC collection, secretly pirating copies and selling them on the black market. They changed the script part way through having it involve drugs instead of WC games and called it "Traffic." :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Enemy ships are always weaker. The Broadswords in SO2 were a cinch to beat, cos those mass drivers fired incredibly fast. :)
Did this also apply for Wing Commander 1?

Well, the captured Rapiers weren't that hard, IIRC, but they were harder than the Mandarin's Broadswords. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Well, the captured Rapiers weren't that hard, IIRC, but they were harder than the Mandarin's Broadswords.
Wow! You get to fight Broadswords? In SO2 I suppose...
Don't know, I'm playing SO for the very first time these days... :)

And Wedge, I found the Secret Missions Rapiers we had to fight, VERY hard to gun down!!
That was one of the most difficult mission I've ever flown!!
Perhaps the pirate Epees in SO1, that was a bigger challenge (considering you are, yourself, in a crappy Epee... :()

I can't seem to remember Mandarin Broadswords either. I remember Sabres in SO2, and Ferrets and Epees in SO1 (although they were pirates). I would be very surprised to find out about enemy Broadswords.

Hmm, I'm sure you fight Mandarin Broadswords. Could be when you're in a Broadsword yourself. I really can't remember exactly where, I haven't played SO2 for ages.

You being in a Broadsword would seriously even the odds!! Damn, I can't believe Broadswords are so fu*king good fighters!!! Those three turrets and that heavy armor saved my day many many times... :D

It's my favourite fighter from WC2!!! For me, even the Crossbows aren't as good... Of course, I haven't flown a Morningstar yet, which everyone tells me is an excellent ship... :)

Back