Hellcat = Piece of Junk

Yeah the chaff pod method was what I always used. You also had to avoid the AMG's when you were retreating, but they always made that distinctive sound when they were fired, so I'd check the rear view to see if I needed to move. They moved slow enough they weren't usually a problem. And, if you were on an attack run and far enough out, a slight course change would make them miss, while you still kept your lock. WC2 capships were the hardest to kill, imo, and that combined with the rear turrets on fighters really upped the difficulty between 1 and 2. Capships in WC1 were a joke. The only time they were a slight danger was if you approached them head on and they hit you with a missle.

Yeah wc2 was the only one with difficult bombing runs, and the Sabre didn't quite help the matter, if you ask me!

Originally posted by Dekkar
Yeah wc2 was the only one with difficult bombing runs, and the Sabre didn't quite help the matter, if you ask me!
If the Sabre wasn't stripped of half her armor in the torpedo loadout configuration to maintain speed, and the shield recharge wasn't reduced, surviving a bombing run would be a walk in the park. A few clicks off the old speedo wouldn't be a big deal.

[Edited by Death's Head on 03-26-2001 at 17:31]

Aye, since you're more likely to take damage because of your stripped defenses, fighting Gothri may not be a picnic, even with wingmen including "Hobbes" and "Cub"...er, I mean "Bear".:)

The Gothris were probably one of the Kilrathi's greatest multi role craft built. With its high manuverability and good loadout, made one impressive craft.

RFBurns

Laugh all you want but I always found the drakhi the most fearsome enemy. One might not be a problem but when there are a group of them, there nasty!

Yep those in large numbers does provide a challenge! It really becomes a challenge when they pit you up against a hord of those in a bomber!

RFBurns

Yeah, but the broadsword could take a pounding, and the three mass drivers were nice, plus the turrets. Origin always seemed to come up with a sweet Kilrathi fighter for the addons. SM2 had the Hhriss and I believe the Gothri didn't show up until the SO's.

As an aside, just got a copy of Strike Commander off e-bay. Misssed it the first time around because I didn't have a machine to run it, and then when I did, I didn't have time/money to play/buy it. Now I have the money, but need to find the time :) But, I was reading through the manual, and I it reminded me of how much I miss Origin's WC games. Especially at their peak, they had some of the best documnetation. Origin reminda me a lot of Infocom, the makers of the original Zork games. They had the best background documentation and a weird sense of humor as well.

Never got Strike Commander. Im guessing it will run on one of my machines I have set up just for WC games.
Speaking of the Broadsword, that puppy could take a pounding, cept it seemed to be a bit weaker in the Privateer and RF game. And the 3 mass drivers in the Privateer game seemed to have a bit more damage potential than in WCII. Ok ok I know its the timeline thing, improved guns etc. But its kinda fun playing WCII flying those then jump into Privateer and see those flying around. Although I think they looked alot better (hull paintings) in WCII than they did in Privateer with plain blue markings.

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-26-2001 at 18:53]

Enemy ships are always weaker. The Broadswords in SO2 were a cinch to beat, cos those mass drivers fired incredibly fast. :)

Originally posted by Death's Head
Aye, since you're more likely to take damage because of your stripped defenses, fighting Gothri may not be a picnic, even with wingmen including "Hobbes" and "Cub"...er, I mean "Bear".:)

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE YOU'RE MAKING FUN OF BEAR!

He had a movie based on End Run. It's mentioned in later novels. He was unhappy with how it turned out.

TC

Strike Commander was a fun game! What was that woman's name? Vixen? She was a hotty!

The F-22 was also a hotty although I preferred the F16

Originally posted by TC
He had a movie based on End Run. It's mentioned in later novels. He was unhappy with how it turned out.

TC

Exactly like Elijah Bailey after Naked Sun, of I might refer back to our earlier IRC conversation <G>

Back