Hellcat = Piece of Junk

It was a very impressive game -- probably my favorite non-WC game of all time.

Was the demo the first mission? (I guess you wouldn't know). One of the things I absolutely loved about WOG was the fact that you could *win* several missions without scoring a kill...

(That and the really, really bad fake accents!)

I have a copy of wings of glory but i have never got it to work on my comp. so i got several newer flight games.

Originally posted by AzraeL
Yeah, fun game. I couldn't get my shields to recharge though. :)

LOL AzraeL, probably some power surge in the central power plant unit... have you tried to reboot the repair system? :)

A word of advice, Wings of Glory does have a "side efect" on me, it hurt my wrist because of the way WW I planes fly, there is a patch for that,I think, the fight model becames less agressive.

I indeed have no idea which mission it was. And I didn't play it for more than a few minutes, because the computer I was using was a bit too old for it. That it managed to impress me even though it almost ground to a halt, speaks very well of the game.

Originally posted by RFBurns

You too eh!! (hehehe) Of course I sometimes wouldnt check my shield status and BOOM! Ooops, should have hit reverse!

RFBurns

Lol! I had that problem right after I got the Raptor. With that firepower at my disposal, I'd take entire formations head-on and not worry about my own shields.

First fighter: BOOM! Burn in hell, furball!

Second fighter: BOOM! Give my regards to Sivar!

Third Fighter: BOOM! Oh, darn.... :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
I wonder if Lev ever did any nude work. Well, Clive, you know. Or Christopher Walken... ew.

Oh, gross. I'm just glad I read that *after* eating dinner. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Funny thing is, I've never run out of afterburner fuel... well, except for my first WC run where I used afterburner instead of autopilot. :eek:

But enemies being a joke? Would you prefer them with, say, rechargable armour? :)

No of course not, as that is completely unrealistic! But the enemy fighters could at least be close to equal to ours (in WC3, I found the Vaktoth to be a bit of a challenge when being faced by an Arrow), but fighters as the Strakha or Darket are really no enemies with their paper armor...

So both WC 1 and 2 were much more challenging, not unfair, not too easy, and I really liked it that way (However, Drahlthis or Sahltis were not that much of a challenge, either)

I personally found the Salthi to be much more of a pain than the Dralthi in WC1... the Dralthi was a very, very easy kill <G>

And to be killed in :) Of course I was disobeying orders and trying to go solo against a wing of Jalthi's, so I shouldn't complain. Salthi's did have that tight turning radius which caused me some problems. However, for ease of killing, I think the Jalthi is up there with the Dralthi. The Krant's stick out in my mind as one of the harder Kilrathi craft of that era to take out.

Originally posted by Shane
And to be killed in :) Of course I was disobeying orders and trying to go solo against a wing of Jalthi's, so I shouldn't complain. Salthi's did have that tight turning radius which caused me some problems. However, for ease of killing, I think the Jalthi is up there with the Dralthi. The Krant's stick out in my mind as one of the harder Kilrathi craft of that era to take out.

Yes that's right, the Salthi could be a problem when piloted by good pilots (Bhurak Starkiller), if you were flying a Scimitar, it was not that easy to kill. However, with a Raptor, 5 Sahlthis are no concern at all.

I think one of the toughest enemies was the Jalkehi of WC2 with its rear turret... Especially dangerous when flying a Rapier or Sabre (or an Epee, I must admit, although I liked it).

Does anyone remember the last mission of the WC 2 Special Operations 1? You have to kill 2 Frahlthis and 10 Gothris with 3 Wingmen... Not that easy!

Originally posted by Wedge009
But enemies being a joke? Would you prefer them with, say, rechargable armour? :)
You mean like in WC3? <g>
No, what I want is an enemy with ships of equal or higher technology as mine like in WC4.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I personally found the Salthi to be much more of a pain than the Dralthi in WC1... the Dralthi was a very, very easy kill <G>
Yep, the Dralthi in WC1 posed no threat at all even when flown by Dakhath. The Dralthi MK2 on the other hand could dish out some damage (but not take it).
But the Kilrathi fighters of WC2 were already a joke. Of course the rear turret was annoying but the Jalkehi was so slow and sluggish that even in Broadsword it was a swift kill. The Gothri really was challenge though. But I found the hardest enemies were always in SO1 the Ferrets and Epees from the Gettysburg even though they were not full strength.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Wasn't it fun though? All those pretty fireworks!
Yes, but in my opinion the best explosions were the ones in WC 2 when blowing up a capship, and that was not easy...

Not really. Clear CAP, lock torps at range, close to about 4000, and fire away. Oh, and retreat, that helps too. :)

The torpedo runs in WC2 surely were the most difficult of all WC games. Those flak cannons did actually do some damaga and in your bomber you could not dodge them and your torps could be shot down, what only happens in SOPS against the Triton again.
But there were ways to make even them pretty easy.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The torpedo runs in WC2 surely were the most difficult of all WC games. Those flak cannons did actually do some damaga and in your bomber you could not dodge them and your torps could be shot down, what only happens in SOPS against the Triton again.
But there were ways to make even them pretty easy.

It WAS hard! Especially as the Ralatha were using their AMG's at you, which could instantly destroy you with one hit, and you would lose the Torpedo Lock if you took evasive action. Fortunately, it sometimes was inaccurate. However, when you saved your Chaff Pod, you could lock onto the Ralatha, fly to a distance of 16k, choose your Torpedo and wait to have a lock and then make an afterburner Attack, releasing the torpedo at 2k...

Still I think it was hard, especially the last Mission of WC2 Special Ops 1, where you had to kill 2 Frahlthis (!) in your Sabre

Back