Have Your Cake (March 11, 2004)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Have Your Cake

Based on the results of yesterdays test episode, Killer has put all thirteen episodes of Wing Commander Academy online! Each episode is approximately 210 megabytes. Get them while they're hot - and party like it's 1996!

--
Original update published on March 11, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed "Lords of the Sky" is missing a part in the middle, short after Blair and Maniac are captured.. is suddenly jumps to them meeting the Kilrathi. It lacks Grunt's landing and so on..
Instead it has "Part 1 Part 3 Part 3" - lacking part 2 featuring part 3 double

Thanks for finding that - I'm re-rendering the episode as we speak, and hopefully the fixed version will be available later today.

Anyone got any statistics on the downloads? Be nice to see how many times they've been downloaded and how much data has been transferred.

When you click on the links to the episodes it tells you how many times each one has been downloaded..

Yeah, but there are a couple of issues - like how many times it was downloaded and cancelled (every time you click, it wants to download, which can increment that counter).

Of course, Episode 5 was at 360-odd, so the episodes might have been downloaded 180 times or so...

You'd typically estimate about 70-80% of the total number were completed downloads.

There seems to be a problem, the links have now turned broken, I was only able to obtain Episode 1 before it crashed.

The whole network that those episodes are on is having trouble today. We just have to wait it out a little while.

I think the Mirror 1 links are broken. I can't seem to get any downloads to start. Any suggestions? I'd really love to see this series.

Does this site still work

I have noticed the dates on posts are old. Does the downloads still work? Do the mirrors still work?

Problems

I am having problems with mirror 2. It does not work. I am not very computer savvy but I DO have Divx downloaded the newest version from the link off your site and it is working (I've play other files on it). When I play the mirror 2 for all the epidoes an error message pops up saying could not play the file becuase file does not exist, could not be found, etc. Also mirror does not work at all I don't get anything but an hour glass.

Thanks,
Nikolai

Back