Hat Poll

Which ship would you like on a hat? Color?

• TCS Tiger's Claw

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • TCS Concordia

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • TCS Victory

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • BWS Intrepid

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Cerberus

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TCS Tarawa

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • TCS Princeton

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Navy

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Black

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
I would like to make this happen, but to do that I need 1: two more confirmed buyers, and 2: quality Tarawa artwork in one of the above mentioned formats. If none is provided, there's always the existing TCS Princeton hat design if everyone still wants to go with it.

Assuming that happens, I'll go ahead and pay for the entire order up front, and take everyone at their word that they will pay up when the time comes.

I seem to recall a silhouette diagram from a bit back that had the Tarawa as one of the models. I forget if it was from Standoff or someone playing around? Perhaps that could be the basis for the hat.

Late to the poll . . .

Sorry for being late to the poll. I am very interested in a TCS Tiger's Claw hat but would consider a Tarawa hat.

If the Tiger's Claw hat gets made I would buy 2 . . .

Hali you may want to step up yourself do a little digging there might be the image you need already floating around the CIC somewhere. I'm almost sure there is one in one of the many ship comparison images that have been done over the years.

I did some searching of WC News and at entry #1596 found this nice profile view of the Tiger's Claw:
actigersclaw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should get "mockups" or the hat first with the art and designs then do another poll.
People will have a better idea of what they're buying.

The best way might just be for someone to take Eder's model and make the changes so that it's a silhouette. I'm sure someone can do that easily?

Doh, Pete just linked me this thread. One Wake-class profile silhouette coming right up.

Edit: here it is with all the turrets.
wake_side_2.png

And here without a couple of turrets that ended up looking a bit weird in the previous render.
wake_side.png

So you guys pick one of the above and I'll try to make a vector version of it, with the text and everything. If anyone could tell me what font was used in the Princeton or Eisen graphics, I could stick to the same one.

Thanks Eder! The second one is a bit cleaner because some of those turrets do look a bit odd on the top one.

Wow, what...happened.....? I just woke up in the back alley with this big lump on my head.

Anyway, if everyone's still game I would like to make this happen. The ship profile is awesome, though I'm not sure how well the turrets and antenna will translate into thread. I'll try to get the name of the font from the Princeton hat and PM Eder to figure out the details.

The ship profile is awesome, though I'm not sure how well the turrets and antenna will translate into thread. I'll try to get the name of the font from the Princeton hat and PM Eder to figure out the details.

For embroidered art, a simpler silhouette might come out better. Small little details will come out stringy or jumpy unless you have a very high quality manufacturer.

Back