Has anybody here heard of Chroma?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I grabbed a shareware program yesterday called Chroma from Thematic.com, I was actually looking for Halcyon Sun when I bumped into this site. It's a program that allows you "skin" Windows. The skins for chroma can change almost the entire look of windows, including making bent or squiggly scrollbars. This is a great program to pick up, and it doesn't slow your system down unless it's really old or doesn't run Windows 95 well in the first place.
I was wondering how many fans that post here actually have it because I was going to look into maybe doing some WC based skins for it.
If you don't have it I highly suggest picking it up.

You're actually a little late on the whole thing. There have been a few programs around that do that. I used to (very, very briefly) use a more popular one called WindowBlinds. You can get skins for it and Chroma at skinz.org (OMG, it's SKINtacular!). But yeah, I did that sort of thing a couple of years ago.

A word of warning: in my experience, those things are buggy as hell. Be careful with it.

I'd just stay clear of them all together. You can barely skin ICQ without causing all sorts of horrible side effects.

Well...

I've been checking it out on my system now and it hasn't caused any problems at all. It even runs well with all of my WC games. It will even skin WCPedit. So far it's been really stable, and I've been using some really whacked out skins.

Never heard of Chroma, but I did about Croma. It's butter used to bake meat in, and you can buy it near a local super market. No need to thank me, you would do it for me.

Back