Happy Valentine's Day (February 14, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Happy Valentine's Day, Wingnuts! Love is in the air, and so are the Kilrathi! Whether you're spending this special day with your sweetheart or flying solo, we've got some romantic treats for you.

First, check out this passionate animation that LOAF extracted from Privateer, featuring a Gemini Sector couple in a tender embrace. We love how they captured the chemistry between these two star-crossed lovers.

Here's a tiny kiss for Valentine's Day! These lovers can show up in the background of the bar on New Detroit in Privateer.

kissgif.gif

Second, we've got the fabulous return of the Love Arrow! We hope you enjoy this famous icon and have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Remember, the Heart of the Tiger is always with you!

lovearrow.gif

--
Original update published on February 14, 2023

So, I got into that Bing AI bot thing, and the first test prompt I had for it was this: "write a wing commander news post for valentine's day"

AND THIS IS WHAT IT MADE:

bing.png

It's pretty ridiculous, but oh man, I really really want to play Wing Commander: Love and War now...

Always associated the couple to Arnold and Jamie Lee pretending to be spies and watching you.

Also

Me: write the description of a mod for wing commander that is love themed

ChatGPT: The Love Mod for Wing Commander is a modification that introduces a romantic twist to the gameplay of the classic space combat simulator. With this mod, players can experience a new storyline that centers around love and relationships, adding a unique dimension to the game.

In the Love Mod, players will encounter new characters and have the opportunity to develop romantic relationships with them. These characters may be other pilots in the player's squadron, support personnel, or even potential enemies.

Throughout the game, players will be presented with choices that can affect their relationships with these characters. They may have to make decisions that could either strengthen or damage their bonds, adding a new layer of emotional complexity to the gameplay.

The Love Mod also introduces new cutscenes and dialogue options that showcase the romantic interactions between the player's character and the other characters in the game. These scenes may include romantic dates, heartfelt conversations, and even dramatic moments of conflict.

Overall, the Love Mod for Wing Commander is a unique and engaging way to experience the classic space combat simulator in a whole new way. It adds a romantic dimension to the game that allows players to explore deeper emotional connections and experience a more personal journey through the vast reaches of space.

And
Me: "write a wing commander news post for valentine's day"

ChatGPT: Attention all Wing Commanders!

Valentine's Day is here, and love is in the air. While we may be battling the Kilrathi in the far reaches of space, it's important to take a moment to appreciate the loved ones back home who support us in our mission.

In honor of this special day, we want to remind all of our pilots to take a moment to reach out to their loved ones, whether it be a spouse, partner, family member, or friend. Send a message, make a call, or even set up a video chat to show your appreciation and let them know they're always in your thoughts, no matter how far away you may be.

And for those of you who are single, don't worry! Love comes in all forms, and we know that the bonds you form with your fellow pilots are just as important. Take some time to connect with your wingmates and appreciate the camaraderie that makes our team so strong.

From all of us here at Wing Command, we wish you a happy Valentine's Day filled with love, laughter, and plenty of victories over the Kilrathi!

Back