Happy Confederation day

No Regret

Spaceman
No Regret and the bots wish everyone a happy Confederation day from the Bunker Of Love [BoL] Don't let the Cats get to you
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

[This message has been edited by No Regret (edited August 23, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen an episode in my entire life
frown.gif
I've read a ton of fanfiction MST's on the web though and I love it
smile.gif
. Just hope they'll show it in Europe sometime.

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Mystery Science Theater 3000 = MST3K

It was on for a year on a local station in Minnesota and then picked up for seven seasons (albeit the last season was short) on Comedy Central, and the saved and brought back for another three seasons on Sci-Fi. They stopped making new episodes last year, but it is still on Sci-Fi in the US on Saturday mornings from 9-11 a.m. It is also on in the UK and South Africa, and maybe acouple other places across the pond on Sci-Fi Europe, though I may have that name wrong.

The show conists mainly of some old movie, in the early days, there were a lot of Godzilla type movies, but anything that is kinda cheesy and that they could get the rights to they used. The movie ran, but in the lower part of the screen there were a row of theater seats, and sitting in them was a human guy (Joel for most of the season and then later on Mike) with a robot on each side, Tom Servo (who looks like a gumball machine, with little tight slinky {like the toy} arms that end in Mickey Mouse gloves) and Crow (who is best described with a picture, or by someone with more descriptive ability than me
smile.gif
) Anyhow they basically sit at the bottom of the screen and respond to the movie. They add alternate dialouge, they point out plot problems (night becomes day, becomes night, becomes day, in the same chase) or things like a bad guy is flown up into the sky by a super hero, who comes to a stop, hangs in midair drops the guy and suddenly "He's falling at a 60 degree angle defying all laws of physics." Or the same hero looks like he is being pulled around by the elastic strand of his BVD's. The show was a riot, and their are a few episodes avaiable through Rhino. I can highly recommend Pod People and Manos: Hands of Fate (which looks like a student film, and a bad one at that)

Hmmm, I saw a movie once, that resembels that show (which I've never seen). There was this crasy Doc there who wanted to take over the world by "dumbening" the people with his movies (the kind you described). And indeed there was a guy there, and 2 robots (don't remember how they looked like, though
frown.gif
), but they were in a space station, trying to escape (I remember that one of the robots tried to punch hole through the walls and parashuit down).

------------------
Evilution!

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited August 23, 2000).]

Oh I know what show your talking about it was one of my favorite comadys its called mst3k (mestery sience theater 300).

------------------
SEPHIROTH (ICEMAN)

Yep that's it. Didn't want to go into that much detail, but...

The human guy is part of an experiment by a mad scientist (and later his mother) who is using the bad movies as Pysch experiments. Joel built the robots to help him keep his sanity and so he would have friends. There are a couple other robots, but Crow and Tom are the ones who hang out with Joel/Mike in the theater. Joel/Mike occasionally does little bits with the robots and/or the scientist (and later Pearl, his mother), exchanging inventions, making more fun of the movie, etc, before they go to commercial or right after they come back.

For those that don't know MST3K as the written version here's a link to the mother of all MST's: Artemis' lover (the cencored version) I'm still trying to find the original too finally see if it's as horrible as I've always imagined
http://lefty.simplenet.com/svam/mstings/al67.txt

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

That was a riot. I almost fell out of my chair. I think, though, I have no desire to read the full version of that fan fic. Gawd, it was awful.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 25, 2000).]

If there comes a time when I'm never again seen on this board that will mean I've found it and died in agony.
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back