Happy Birthday, Wing Commander! (September 26, 2017)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Today marks a whopping twenty-seven years since the original Wing Commander game shipped to stores! The franchise still doesn't seem a day over twenty-five to me! On the series' tenth anniversary back in 2000, we said, "Here's to another decade." Now, incredibly, the end of its third decade is practically in sight! This community has grown up together and welcomed many new faces over the years, but everyone's incredible creativity and dedication continue to amaze. And somehow, even after all these years, we keep learning about new facets of the Wing Commander universe. A few weeks ago we covered several different decals that were affixed to the WC1 box. They're essentially meaningless - they're all the same version of the game - but to collectors like us, they're fascinating historical items. And we've just found another one! It features the familiar tagline, "What you see is what you play!" (for the most part!) Happy Birthday, Wing Commander!

--
Original update published on September 26, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 27th Wing Commander. I did not have a fancy computer at the time so my first experience with you was on the SNES. I think I actually played the Secret Missions first and then Wing Commander. I never could get the order right in the beginning, later I played WCIV for the PlayStation before WCIII.

Last edited:
Back