Happy 12th Birthday, CIC! (August 11, 2010)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Welcome to the Wing Commander Combat Information Center's 12th annual birthday bash! If you aren't on IRC chatting and winning trivia prizes... well, why aren't you?

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the original Wing Commander--that's a concept so huge I can't get my head around it... so I'm not even going to try. Let's just enjoy a good time with good frieds who make up one of the truly great online communities.

This year we decided to do updates 'my way'--they're all things things I completely dig about Wing Commander's history. I'm giving you thousands of pages of scanned documents, hours of archived video, hundreds of now-preserved photographs. If you're anything like me you'll have a lot to look through in the coming weeks.

Of course we have the usual updates, too, and some other surprises--greetings from the community, some impressive fan art... even a particularly awesome game you can play. Join us in #WingNut and read on as we travel back in time through the series...

--
Original update published on August 11, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Still lots of front page updates to go through! And there's always next year!

Too bad I wasn't able to be there that year. Hope you guys had a great time and a happy belated 12th birthday! from me as well.

Happy Birthday CIC! I am enjoying you now for over ten years. Continue your great work and many thanks to Chris Reid for making this place :)

Best wishes and all the idealism and power for the years to come, guys :)
It's been fun 10 years to tag along for me, hopefully I get more time in the future..

Happy Birthday CIC! I am enjoying you now for over ten years. Continue your great work and many thanks to Chris Reid for making this place :)

I actually didn't have a lot to do with this year's birthday - the CIC staff all does stuff that keeps everything running. Thanks!

You and LOAF, and at times, KrisV, just happen to be the public figures everyone sees. (I know there have been a few new additions to the staff as well, in recent times.) Really, thank you to everyone involved.

cheers! i know I'm little late to the party but happy birthday CIC! twelve years worth of thank yous for keeping a truly great series of games alive and well.

Back