Halo 4 Kicks Off New Sci-fi Trilogy (November 6, 2012)

Yeah. it's just internet whining. It's because none of what Halo Reach did affected existing canon - at best it was a minor footnote, like Halo ODST.

Probably some whining was involved because there was an interview with someone at Bungie I think that said they'd break canon to deliver a better game experience, and it just got amplified by the internet into how Halo Reach was good because they broke canon.

Everyone else who likes Halo didn't mind it - it was one of the best sendoffs you could do as the progenitor of Halo. (I still remember rumors of the Halo project long before it was actually demonstrated at MacWorld 1999...)

It might flirt with problems when it comes to the Pillar of Autumn and Dr. Halsey. I don't think it's anything major, but the way they work NOBLE in, and then out, just before the Fall of Reach events start to take place was too close for comfort for some. I have no problem with it. It added a cool piece of backstory about the POA and Cortana.

I'd like to get some Wingnuts together to do Spartan Ops or some CTF soon.

I would be up for that havent really had anyone to play with online only problem might be timezones and the fact that my mic is dead

Just thought I'd share the specs for the UNSC Infinity (INF-101)

Registry: INF-101
Length: 5,694.2m (18,681.6ft)
Beam: 833.3m (2,733.9ft)
Height: 1,041.2m (3,415.9ft)
Armor Plate Composition: Titanium-A3 Battleplate (490cm)

Complement:
Naval- 8,954
Marine- 6,021
Intelligence- 1,699
Civilian- 477
Total- 17,151

Compare it with any WC ship and your jaw will drop. Even the Midway is dwarfed by this beast.

Compare it with any WC ship and your jaw will drop. Even the Midway is dwarfed by this beast.

Hvar'kann is quite a bit larger than this ship...by something like 500 billion cubic meters, if I've done the math right.

The ship is too big. If I walk, the movie will be over.

So, if anyone keeps up to date on Halo lore, theres been a few new books recently taking place after Halo 3.

In these books, the very covert and mysterious Office of Naval Intelligence is secretly trying to break the truce between humanity and the Covenant, believing humanity only gets stronger with war.

Sound familiar to anyone? :)

I'm taking you're referring to the Karen Traviss books (Glasslands, The Thursday War)? I have them, but haven't gotten around to reading them (I'm actually doing the Greg Bear ones, which are the Forerunner saga).

In these books, the very covert and mysterious Office of Naval Intelligence is secretly trying to break the truce between humanity and the Covenant, believing humanity only gets stronger with war.

That's not what Kilo-Five is doing. Don't want to spoil it, but they have another objective.

Back