Halo 2 Anticipation

Follow the story from Pathways into Darkness through marathon than onto halo...especially Marathon Infinity where you the 5th Mjolnir Mk IV cyborg activate the Jjaro battle station and prevent the W'rcanter (or however the hell you spell it) from being released by stopping the Pfhor's use of the early nova.

The links between the Jjaro and Forerunner are pretty strong.
Pfhor and Covenent are almost identical (and if you know your marathon maps certain parts of Halo are almost exactly ripped from the games)
Humans well are humans as always...
The Flood and W'rcanter seem to have similar backgrounds (both are really bad things that can really screw up your day)

That's my personal take on it as taken from both the marathon story page and the halo story page. I've learned over the years as being a loyal Bungie fan (I was very pissed when microsuck stole them up) that nothing is ever what it seems.....777

well i just did something that im still havin a hard time believin that i did<of course ya'll might not think it's so crazy but hey. anything's crazy when you're about to turn 17> i just went to the mall and bought an X-Box and Halo 2 just so i could have them. lucky for me my sis is gettin me Halo for my birthday<i've already played it for PC but i just wanna have it for X-Box so i can have it>

i got 2 months free with it :)<i think> i got a bundle that came with 2 games and xbox live for 2 months. but i kinda can't open it until next saturday.... :( it's a complicated story. my parents would flip if they found out i went out and bought an xbox.<1 because it costs a lot. 2 because i already have a ps2> so since my b-day party is next week i gave it to one of my friends to giftwrap and whoever's comin gonna give me my present<if it's money> before the party and they'll say they chipped in to get me the xbox so my parents can't say anything about it. <shrugs> i guess it's worth the wait though

TurboTim07 said:
i got 2 months free with it :)<i think> i got a bundle that came with 2 games and xbox live for 2 months. but i kinda can't open it until next saturday.... :( it's a complicated story. my parents would flip if they found out i went out and bought an xbox.<1 because it costs a lot. 2 because i already have a ps2> so since my b-day party is next week i gave it to one of my friends to giftwrap and whoever's comin gonna give me my present<if it's money> before the party and they'll say they chipped in to get me the xbox so my parents can't say anything about it. <shrugs> i guess it's worth the wait though

I may be wrong, but I think even with the 2 months free coupon included with Halo 2, you still have to give a credit card number when you sign up and try to use the coupon. I thought i remembered reading that on the fine print. That way if you don't cancel at the end of two months they will start billing your card.

Just beat Halo 2, not sure how i think although Halo 3 (which I would wager is probably in some level of development) is going to be interesting...I'm thinking things are going to get weirder and weirder.

The amount of "Marathon" references in Halo 2 is also amazing, much more than what was found in Halo. I like the fact that there is a marathon icon, my symbol for MP.

Anyone else's thoughts on the story?

TurboTim07 said:
whoops... not gettin xbox live then :(

It doesn't actually charge you until the time is up. It's in there for account verification and if you wanted any premium downloadable content later. After the year is over, you can buy another time card or cancel.

mom don't like givin out card numbers. and im not old enough to have a card. it's rumored that Halo 3's gonna come out on the new XBox (XBox 2?) i know it's too soon to say but anyone have any clue about that?

"Givin out card numbers" like this is the same as purchasing something in a store. That's why you get a card. What sort of clue were you wondering about? There aren't any details about the next microsoft system, and Halo 2 just came out.

Does X-box live work like some other subscription services where you are rebilled every month, whether or not you use the service, until you cancel it?

hmmm maybe "givin out card numbers" wasn't the right phrase... she doesn't like to give her card number for a online game<had to cancel my Everquest Online Adventures subscription because of it and use game cards> because i don't play online all the time and even if it was free for a little while she doesn't wanna do it. <shrugs> it's my mom. by clue i was just wonderin like any rumors anyone has heard but i guess not.

ck9791 said:
Does X-box live work like some other subscription services where you are rebilled every month, whether or not you use the service, until you cancel it?

You start with a year of the service, then it's $50 per year after that. You can pay month to month, but it's really not worth the hassle.

TurboTim07 said:
by clue i was just wonderin like any rumors anyone has heard but i guess not.

Since the development team just finished working on Halo 2 a few weeks ago, any rumors would just be random speculation. Anything even the developers have in their head for a sequel is subject to vast change over the coming months and years. I'm sure everyone has a lot of ideas about neat things they could do next though.

It's kind of bullshit that there is going to be a halo 3 when bungie had said that halo 2 would rap up the loose ends, when instead it has only made it worse and making us wait a few more years for the answers.

I'm not all that overly impressed with halo 2, the story is alright, but nothing super great, the game play has been dumbed down a lot, MP is a lot different now, 3 shotting someone in the head is gone, and a lot of the changes really aren't that great. I don't think it should be getting as high reviews as it is, overall I would give it no more than a 7 on a scale to 10, but that's only because I like the story a lot.

You are looking at it with blinders on. All that most fans will see is an expectation to revoluntionaloze the fps adventure the way Halo did. But most critics are sitting back to see the broader picture, the great graphics, the fast paced action, the variety of gameplay, and the success of the online play. Sure this game didn't really change anything, just stepped it up a notch.

Think bout going from WC2 to WC3, that where some pretty big changes, and marked the first time a successful FMV game was well liked. But at the time I bet a lot of fans where pissed because bluehair was gone.

Back