Halo 2 Anticipation

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
Well it's just barely over a month until Halo 2 hits shelves (Nov 9!). I for one can not wait to try it out (I love the SP and myself and a bunch of guys from my frat house constantly play system linked around the house)

Just curious who else was waiting with ready SPNKRs to blast some Covenant....

We're building the 24 hour launch plan at work right now. It's gonna be a nightmare.

yeah, i've got the limited edition pre-ordered. man, i don't think i have ever been so anxious about one game. gosh, i want that game now...

by the way, what is a SPNKR?

Yeah ive got mine pre-oredered so now its a matter of playing the waiting game.........................aww this game sucks.

Roll on November 9!!

Loved the original.
Number two will have nice graphics but nothing else.

Thats what happened to Unreal.

I have the limited edition pre-ordered, too. It's supposed to ship out before the actual release date so that it arrives at my house on Nov 9. I might take the day off work just to play it.

Dyret said:
Number two will have nice graphics but nothing else.

Thats what happened to Unreal.

It'll have more than just good graphics. The story line has been very well developed (read the books) and the game will have some great new features.

Reading the three currently published Halo novels will give you a better understanding of who Spartan 117 is and just how the war with the Covenant is going. The book First Strike was very exciting, as it told the story of what happens between Halo and Halo 2. It's quite compelling.

Furthermore, your speculation is lousy. Your speculometer must be broken. Have that checked out A.S.A.P.

overmortal said:
Furthermore, your speculation is lousy. Your speculometer must be broken. Have that checked out A.S.A.P.

Of course! Thats a good idea.
I didnt even know there was Halo novels.

Halo 2 will be fantastic...I'm sure of it. The feature that I'm looking forward to most of all though, is the ability to play a 12 player game with only 3 xboxes...which very few games have that ability. I like hosting small lan parties and since I don't have 12 xboxes and 12 screens...the ability to have 4 players on a system is a huge bonus.

I remember reading that Halo 2 would support up to 16 players, with each of the 16 using their own Xbox. I don't remember exactly where I read that, but I do remember reading it. Possibly on the Halo 2 website?

In any event, Halo and Halo 2 both utilize the ability to have four players on the same console. For that matter, so did most FPS games on the N64.

I don't know if it will SURELLY be excellent, but I'd count on it...
Halo 1 was an amazing game. Even though it had some of the most repetitive level design EVER, it was such a great gameplay experience that I didn't care about those endless Library halls, those confusing covenant cruiser corridors, and that I had to re-do an entire level again backwards. The weapons and enemies were really fun, and you had to employ decent tactics to face each covenant and flood trooper. It had everything that Doom 3 is missing.

Unfortunately xb0xes are few and far between around here, so I'll have to wait for the PC version. Eagerly.

Hey, Doom 3 was a good game, too. It just had a very different feel, and different purpose behind the gameplay.

Well, I did say "some of the"...
And doom 3 bored me to tears. It was a chore, not something I did for fun. But, hey, if that game floats your boat...

overmortal said:
I remember reading that Halo 2 would support up to 16 players, with each of the 16 using their own Xbox. I don't remember exactly where I read that, but I do remember reading it. Possibly on the Halo 2 website?

In any event, Halo and Halo 2 both utilize the ability to have four players on the same console. For that matter, so did most FPS games on the N64.

You can do it using hubs I think.

It's to bad that Halo will always only allow 16 players. I read an article on bungie.com about why this is the absolute limit of players without degrading game play a lot.

I was making the most obscure SeaQuest DSV reference as possible :(

Halo 2 went gold today....less than a month before my grades all go down the crapper....yeah video games!

Back