Hadrian's intro animation

MamiyaOtaru

Spaceman
Hadrian just sent me an intro he is working on for Privateer. He has up through where the pirates launch their missiles. Although the framerate is halved for now and he says the visual look is not yet complete, what he has so far is stunning.

Have a look at it here.

Loved it! Well everything but the pirates voice acting/script. It sounded way over acted. And could use some post prodution work (sounds like it was recorded on a $5 mic). Other than that DAMN its sweet.

Was really cool altho sadly I had to play it without sound.

I thought the explosion was weak when the first fighter gets destroyed.

Other than that, stunning.

the voices were straight from the original.

its a great piece of work, no doubt there. one day i'll do a high poly tarsus......one day.

This animation is awesome. True to the original, yet better and more modern. I especially like the universe map bit when the intro text states where the action takes place.

Great, really great intro movie.

OK nix my conserns then. Also please keep the MSN chime (lower the volume a little, it will be an easer egg :p).

I can't believe more people haven't responded or that this isn't on the front page. This is incredibly good...

Maj.Striker said:
I can't believe more people haven't responded or that this isn't on the front page. This is incredibly good...
We publish once a day.

A DivX version would be prefered for the news.

Amazing work so far, Hadrian!

I really liked the universe map flyover and the various perspectives and zooms -- reminiscent of the new Battlestar Galactica. The models, particularly the Tarsus, look very sharp as well.

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers,

BrynS

KrisV said:
We publish once a day.

A DivX version would be prefered for the news.
DivX you say?

Ok, I've taken the liberty of converting the Quicktime file to an XviD/DivX stream (21.8MB) -- available here in an effort to spread the goodness of this animation to those who don't/won't use Quicktime. If Hadrian would prefer this not be released in its current form and/or prefer to release a native or updated XviD/DivX version, then please let me know and I will remove it from my hosting service.

Again, this is a kickass animation and was quite unexpected -- it really made my day -- well worth watching! I look forward to the final version with much anticipation.

Cheers,

BrynS

This looks fantastic. Does the Tarsus gun have no sound for any particular reason or just because this is WIP?

The intro may be overacted, but those are the original voice actors! :D

This said that's TIGHT, you should redo the space scenes for LEXX... wowness...

or just get me a rendering of michael mcmanus naked O_O'

FIIIINNNISH ITTT....

And not just because I'm part-Finn. :)

That is.. awesome. Yeah, the pirates are a bit overacted, but if memory serves those are the actual parts fromt he Privateer speech files. The graphics alone are great, even if shaky-cam and shock-cam are slightly overused or mis-timed. If you keep up work on this level, expect a fan-following.

Back