Graphic woes AKA light speed

Uninstalling and then re installing drivers didn't result in getting rid of the overclocked settings? I guess whatever was used to overclock the card did so by changing settings in the bios somehow... I'm so confused. If that's the case a "clean" install of windows might not help.

Flashing the card sounds like a fix. But that might void any warranty. And is really risky. The only time you flash a card is when it loses its bios and is a "dead" card.

And even flashing the card might not help if the card has already been damaged by a overclock.

Yeah, I'm just going to get another video card. Based on everything I'm hearing, I plan to get XFX 9800 GT card. Hopefully this will work.

Iceblade I'm confused, have you tried getting an RMA on the card? The 9800GT is a big downgrade from the GTX285.

Others have RMA'd and had negative results. Plus, I prefer switching to a different manufacturer and a card that I can trust not be flake out one me. I had a 9800 GT before (a confluence of events lead to it overheating meltdown) and my brother's computer plays these games without issue unlike mine. Plus, I see fewer people with problems with mid-grade cards over the high-end ones.

And I don't play games that are very overtaxing for current gen cards. (Doom3 is not very new and Thief deadly shadows is 2003 and these games are the most video card consuming of the games I play)

Back