Good day for a firrball!!!...

:(

1. It's Secret Ops not Special Ops
  2. It's not Prophecy: Secret Ops, just Secret Ops (or Wing Commander: Secret Ops)
  3. While I'm at it, I'll be an asshole and point out that you spelled Prophecy wrong, as I'm already being rather pedantic.
    [/list=1]

LOL TC is right....

Anyway Prophecy or SO is not a real challenge even at Nightmare difficulty.I got hundreds and hundreds of kills there...

Originally posted by TC
[*]It's not Prophecy: Secret Ops, just Secret Ops (or Wing Commander: Secret Ops)
I know it's just SO, but looking up the version inside the game pops the message "WCP:SO" for me. ;)

To this day, I have no idea why, but Origin's PR guy back in '98 was fairly insistent that we call it 'Wing Commander: Secret Ops' and not 'Prophecy Secret Ops' or 'Secret Operations'. He was kind of flakey, though.

Well Origin named it as a different Wing Commander.I would prefer to call it WCP:SO .Like the Wc1 and Wc2 Expansions SM (Secret Missions) and SO (Special Ops).Afterall it uses the same engine.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Well Origin named it as a different Wing Commander.I would prefer to call it WCP:SO .Like the Wc1 and Wc2 Expansions SM (Secret Missions) and SO (Special Ops).Afterall it uses the same engine.

Oh, well, if it uses the *same engine*.

I also enjoyed 'Wing Commander: Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi" and "Strike Commander: Wing Commander Armada: Wing Commander III".

Quake II: Half-Life was also a fine title.

No, I don't know what you mean -- lots of Wing Commander games use the same engine. Heck, fifteen games have four engines between them. That doesn't mean they're all the same game.

Ok Ok sorry I souldnt say "the same engine".But SO has so little differences with Prophecy.Wc2`s engine is an upgraded Wc1 engine but with lots of new features.Wc4`s engie is an upgraded Wc3 engine with new features as well.

What I wanted to say is that SO looks more like an expansion to Prophecy than a new Wc game....

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Ok Ok sorry I souldnt say "the same engine".But SO has so little differences with Prophecy.Wc2`s engine is an upgraded Wc1 engine but with lots of new features.Wc4`s engie is an upgraded Wc3 engine with new features as well.

What I wanted to say is that SO looks more like an expansion to Prophecy than a new Wc game....

WCIV's engine is changed from WCIII in nearly exactly the same way as the SO from Prophecy -- some behind the screens performance hacks, some new graphics and very little else.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I also enjoyed 'Wing Commander: Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi" and "Strike Commander: Wing Commander Armada: Wing Commander III".

Quake II: Half-Life was also a fine title.

Once again, LOAF, you have me rolling. Man... that's good.

:D

I'm still waiting for Wing Commander Special Missions. After Secret Missions, Special Ops, Secret Ops, it's the next logical title.

Although they could be original (get it? Origin, Original, huh?) and name it Mission Ops or Ops Mission. Or even go as far as Special Secret. Who knows...

DISCLAIMER: I don't mean WCSO is an add-on, I'm just playing with the names here.

Slightly OT, but when I read this topic, I somehow think of Asok (the Intern in the Dilbert strips) saying it... don't know why... :D

(And now it starts, and since I'm stuck at cadet, I'm gonna take full advantages of this, ahem, rank).

Back