GIVE ME MY CROSSBOWS BACK

Mancubus

Rear Admiral
so I just got to Ep5 (have been replaying the previous four and had game crashed SEVERAL times in the Hakaga mission in ep4) and finished ep4 with all 6 crossbows. (managed to keep them through Hakaga mission and you don't get to fly them later) then I check my email in the Ep5 and what I have only 4 of them WTF, is this a bug or a "feature"? I WANT MY 2 CROSSBOWS BACK!!!

nope there is just no mission to loose them. Ironicly, in the next mission i seem to have 5 crossbows in the air. On the other hand I just don't know if the first email was right, as i thought that I lost one...

Well, I just assumed that the crossbows were traded off to make room for the additional fighters you get prior to the main defense of earth. You do keep all of them on the beta path, though.

Yep. Just checked this, and that's correct - you had four Crossbows, because that's what you receive in Episode 5 on the winning path. You lost a pair of Crossbows and four Stilettos, but in exchange you received six extra Sabres.

...Which is actually kinda strange, I wonder why we did that. I mean, you get extra Sabres soon enough... :p

Hey, you'll be pleased to know that after reading this thread, and thinking about it a bit, I went back and adjusted the ship numbers for Episode 5 :). The player will now start off with two less Stilettos, and two more Crossbows, so that he can at least go out with two full wings of Crossbows. I sent the updated files pretty late last night to Pierre, so I'm not sure if they made it into the patch he released today, but I would assume so.

(however, this change obviously isn't retroactive - if you've already started Episode 5, you'd have to go back to the last mission/cutscene of Episode 4, and then play through all the Episode 5 missions again... not sure if it's worth it, for two Crossbows :p)

Back